2012 has had quite the summer of celebrity baby news.
Whether it's Kourtney Kardashian showing off new daughter Penelope or Jersey Shore's Snooki blindsiding everyone with the news of her burgeoning bump (and recent birth), stars just can't get enough when it comes to cute and cuddly kids.
Here are our five favorite famous celeb babies and bumps of the summer.
1. Snooki's Growing a Guido: The pint-size Jersey Shore star surprised everyone—even BFF JWoww!—when she announced back in February that she and fiancé Jionni LaValle were expecting a baby. Since then, we've gotten to watch the poof-headed reality star's belly grow and grow and grow as the couple got closer to welcoming son Lorenzo. "We don't have a sex life," pregnant Snooki has said. "It's weird and it's just very uncomfortable."
2. Jessica Simpson's Mini Maxwell: Since giving birth back in May, the 32-year-old singer's little gal has had quite the summer. Maxwell made her People magazine cover debut at just four weeks old. She's been introduced to everyone's favorite social networking site, Twitter. She's also enjoyed her very first Fourth of July fireworks with mom and papa Eric Johnson. And now that little Maxwell's been introduced to the world, Simpson can focus on losing all the baby weight with the help of Weight Watchers!
3. Kourtney's Keeping Up With Two: The E! star is no stranger to cute kids. And this July she gave 2-year-old son Mason little sister Penelope to keep up with. While we've only gotten a clear look at little Penelope's face on the cover of Us Weekly, we're sure her reality TV debut isn't far in the future. "Nothing could prepare me for how hard I fell in love with her," the new mom gushed to the mag. What can we say? The Kardashian clan just keeps growing and growing!
4. Reese Is Ready for More: Already a mom to 12-year-old daughter Ava and 8-year-old son Deacon, Witherspoon and hubby of a year and a half Jim Toth are expecting their first child together. From filming her new flick Devil's Knot to airport security checks, we've gotten to see the Oscar winner's baby bump grow all summer long. "I'm always feeling like I'd like to eat everything in sight!" she's said. We're also glad to hear the 36-year-old is "healthy and fine" after recent reports she was having complications with her pregnancy.
5. Hilary Duff's Little Luca: The 24-year-old singer-actress' baby Luca is a man of many faces. Whether he's pouty and angry or swaddled and wide-eyed, Luca is always adorable. "There's really no words to describe it," Duff told us of being a first-time mom. "It's the most incredible thing every day. It softens you so much. I feel like a big mushy ball."