As the year comes to a close, it's time for one final cry. (Ha! It's not even Christmas yet. You're definitely going to cry again before 2014 arrives. Hopefully they're happy tears, but you know. Occam's razor.)
Google debuted their annual Zeitgeist video revealing some of the most searched topics of 2013. Google has mastered these year-end round up supercuts too—the music alone is enough to make you tear up.
Google also released their top trends of 2013, listed below with links to E!'s coverage:
1. Paul Walker (Fast & Furious Star Paul Walker Dies in Car Crash)
2. Boston Marathon Bombing (Boston Marathon Tragedy: Ben Affleck Sends Message to His "Beloved and Resilient" City)
4. Cory Monteith (Cory Monteith Found Dead at Age 31)
6. Government Shutdown (The Government Shutdown Made So Simple That Even a Toddler and Her Tiara Could Understand It)
7. James Gandolfini (James Gandolfini Dead at 51, Actor Won Three Emmys for The Sopranos)
8. Harlem Shake (The Harlem Shake Is the New "Gangnam Style"!)
9. Royal Baby (Kate Middleton Gives Birth to the Royal Baby!)
Google also added a couple of cool, new features this year, like the ability to see what has trended this year based on location (in L.A., it was mostly just entertainment stuff, with a few searches for Power Ball mixed in—we want that money!) and the ability to compare the trending of certain topics over time.
As you can see, search interest in Miley started off low this year, then spiked in August (the month she twerked at the MTV VMAs, nautrally). Meanwhile, the Biebs has been on a continual decline since 2011.
But as the year comes to a close, both Miley and Bieber are trending downward. Apparently no one cares (or people just have better things to search). Boo-hoo for these two. See, we knew there would be more tears before the end of the year.