Social media isn't just for your friends' annoying selfies anymore!
This year, major fashion brands have turned to Instagram, Twitter and more to share their fab fall collections with fashionable followers.
"Just for our friends on Pinterest, an exclusive first look at our September Style Guide," the retailer wrote about the sneak peek at merchandise that won't be available until Aug. 21.
Fans of the high street retailer will undoubtedly be pleased with its latest collection, which features its trademark array of preppy cool classics, including stylish stripes, cool crew neck sweaters, as well as edgy updated items, like pops of neon and luxe leather pants.
But don't think higher end brands are shying away from social media sharing! Quite a few luxury labels and even celebs, are commandeering their campaigns, too.
Here are seven more brands that didn't wait until September issues hit newsstands to debut their 2013 fall campaigns:
1. Chanel: We wonder if Karl Lagerfeld—or perhaps his Twitter-happy cat Choupette—personally hit share on this futuristic campaign image for the fall/winter ready-to-wear collection, which appeared on the French fashion house's Facebook, Twitter and Google+ channels. We wouldn't be surprised if the Kaiser was eager to give the world a view of the fab ad, since he shot the campaign himself!
Oscar De La Renta
2. Oscar de la Renta: Way back in July, OscarPRGirl gave the brand's more than 175,000 loyal Instagram followers a super sneak peek at its upcoming collection by sharing eight gorgeous campaign shots. And in a shrewd move, the company also made sure to include a notice that the fall 2013 collection was "now available for pre-order on www.oscardelarenta.com" on all photo captions.
3. Dior: Some might consider the label, which has slowly revealed Robert Pattinson's Dior Homme fragrance ads one by one over Twitter, the ultimate campaign tease! Such mysterious shots as R.Patz lounging in a tub or perched upon a rooftop—and the Twilight hunk's smoldering good looks, of course—have us hooked and hungry for more.
Courtesy: Sunday Style
4. Miranda Kerr for Alex Perry: Sometimes celebrity ambassadors beat a brand to the punch by posting sneak peeks at their campaigns. Take former Victoria's Secret model Kerr, who recently shared a few snapshots of herself in a sheer nude dress from her shoot for Australian label Alex Perry via her Instagram. Although, given the fact that she has more than 2 million followers, we're guessing the brand probably doesn't mind the extra exposure.
5. Gisele Bündchen for H&M: Thanks to the Brazilian beauty's Instagram and shots from her campaign shoot on the streets of London, we have a pretty good idea of what kind of clothing we can expect from the Swedish retailer's fall 2013 collection.
6. Nicki Minaj for Kmart: Never a wallflower, the sassy songbird took it upon herself to model and personally debut her Kmart collection on her Instagram account. A few days before before that, the social media savvy star also revealed the oh-so-regal campaign shot for her upcoming fragrance Minajesty via her Instagram account. Looks like this gal's giving her agents a run for their money!
7. Katy Pery for Killer Queen: The singer refused to bow down to a traditional ad reveal, opting instead to unleash her royal-themed fragrance campaign to her whopping 41 million KatyCats! Not a bad move, if you ask us.
Do you follow any fashion brands on social media sites?