New York's Fashion Week has come to a close—and we had no shortage of major celebrities (hi, Beyoncé, Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen and Ashley Greene, just to name a few), models and designers descend upon the Big Apple for for eight glamorous days under the Lincoln Center tents.
So what were the craziest moments of Spring 2012 Fashion Week?
1. Coco's Boob Flash: We saw lots of bare chests this Fashion Week when topless models walked past as we interviewed designer Narciso Rodriguez, but Coco's wardrobe malfunction takes the cake. The über-curvy Ice Loves Coco reality star, walking the runway in a Svedka girl Halloween costume at designer Richie Rich's fashion show at Lavo, had a major nip slip when her right boob popped out. Kim Kardashians new hubby Kris Humphries, who happened to be sitting front row to support his sister Kaela in the show, was one of many front-row revelers to catch the accident up close. The voluptuous blonde took it in stride, though, pulling her top back up quickly, then tweeting a picture of the incident for the world to see.
2. Nicki Minaj Sits Next to Anna Wintour. Twice: They sure made an unusual front-row pairing. The rapper and the Vogue editrix were spotted together at not one but two fashion shows. When Minaj, who claimed she was being harassed at the Carolina Herrera show, was finally shown to her seat adjacent to the runway, she was plopped next to none other than the queen bee of fashion, who glared at Minaj's getup like she was a circus act. Wintour slid on her familiar Chanel shades and turned away to watch the runway show. Perhaps she later found out who exactly Minaj was, though, because the duo appeared side by side again at the Oscar de la Renta show looking quite friendly.
3. A Former Secretary of State vs. Kim Kardashian: At the Vera Wang show, we arrived early and spotted former Secretary of State Madeleine Albright sitting all by her lonesome. Kind enough to give us an interview, we ended up schooling the 74-year-old on matters not related to world affairs and focused more on, oh, reality television. After Kim Kardashian walked in and caused such a stir with photographers, Albright was curious as to who she was. When we offered up Kim's name, we were met with a polite smile and a half shrug. Hey, she's got bigger things to keep up with than the Kardashians.
4. Beyoncé's Baby Bump—Up Close and Personal! Wowee is all we have to say! With the Kim chaos simmering down, everyone in their seats and the Vera Wang show about to start, the gorgeous singer strolls in last minute with her sister, Solange, to take her front-row spot. B rocked heels and a leather Vera mini that showed off her growing belly. She was glowing and her energy was electric. The crowd gave a collective gasp when she appeared. Yes, she's magical.
5. Kathy Griffin Tells Anna Wintour to "Show Your crotch": When we crossed paths with Kathy at the QVC party during Fashion's Night Out, we asked the biting comedian if she could offer up any advice to Vogue editor Anna Wintour on maybe loosening up a little. And boy, did she deliver. Griffin, who jokingly declared that she actually loves the "frigid bitch's" style, said that her personality could use some tweaking. "Well, of course she should loosen up. She should pull a Lindsay/Paris and get out of the car in one of her Prada dresses, you know, flash her crotch. Ya know, I mean, hello?" she joked. "It'll help her career. Also, she should be seen stumbling out of a taxi in London. Or wear a big muumuu like Andre Leon Talley, a big caftan would be nice."