Amanda Bynes is not the only Hollywood star to end up on the wrong side of the law when it comes to marijuana.
In the wake of her arrest last night for reckless endangerment and possession of marijuana, E! News rounds up five other celebrity tokers whose pot busts—while serious at the time—make for a good anectdote now and did little if anything to harm their careers.
No doubt, that might reassure the What a Girl Wants starlet. Check 'em out:
1. 2 Chainz: The "No Lie" rapper was pulled over for speeding on Valentine's Day in February by Maryland State Police who subsequently smelled weed emanating from his vehicle. A search turned up the green stuff and he was booked at a nearby police station and charged with possession. 2 Chainz also even took time out to pose for pictures with his arresting officers. Hey, if it keeps him out of the joint, why not?
Hudspeth County Sheriff’s Office
2. Fiona Apple: The "Criminal" singer was a bad, bad girl all right. In September 2012, Apple's tour bus was stopped at a border checkpoint in Sierra Blanca, Texas, and when Border Patrol agents turned up a small amount of pot and hash, the singer freely admitted it was hers. Apple was subsequently taken into custody and spent the night in the slammer—but not before offering up a meditative and serious-looking mug-shot in which her eyes are half-closed while wearing a jail-issued jumpsuit.
3. Wiz Khalifa: The "Young, Wild and Free" MC ended up on the receiving end of a visit from police who were responding to complaints about a strong smell of herb coming from his Nashville hotel room. When officers arrived, Wiz subsequently tossed his blunt out the window. Amber Rose's other half was lucky however as cops only cited him for misdemeanor possession.
4. George Michael: The "Father Figure" crooner set a bad example for his younger fans after he was nabbed for driving under the influence of marijuana in July 2010. He was pretty obvious about it too, crashing his Range Rover into a seven-ton truck at 1 a.m. and then looking completely dazed and confused. He later pleaded guilty to cannabis possession and driving under the influence of drugs.
Warner Bros.; Focus Features
5. Bill Murray: Before he found fame on Saturday Night Live and went on to become an Oscar-nominated actor, the funnyman was allegedly quite the pot dealer. On Sept. 21, 1970 per The Smoking Gun, Murray celebrated his 20th birthday by getting busted at Chicago's O'Hare International Airport carrying five bricks of marijuana worth up to $20,000. To make matters worse, police were alerted to the drugs after the comedian quipped to another passenger that he was "carrying two bombs in his luggage," which prompted a search. Murray was lucky however. Not only did he not face punishment for the remark since it was the pre-9-11 era, but he pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor and got five years' probation. Of course, we know where he went from there.