NBC, Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage, Cindy Ord/Getty Images, CW
Merry Almost-Christmas, TV lovers! We hope you've already sent off your wish list to the small-screen Santa, who we're pretty sure is Saul (Mandy Patinkin) from Homeland.
Since it truly is the season of asking for presents, Team Watch With Kristin has come up with a TV Christmas wish list of all the things we want in 2013. We hope we were good enough this year to deserve all of it:
Shawna's Wish List
- American Idol will somehow find a way to move beyond the Nicki Minaj-Mariah Carey drama and let the contestants again take center stage. While we're at it, we'd also like season 12 of the Fox singing competition to strike a different chord and deliver a winner who's not a guitar-strumming white dude.
- FX's The Americans turns out to be the nation's next great drama. We always wondered what would happen if Felicity met Alias' Sydney Bristow, and now we're kinda-sorta poised to find out with Keri Russell taking on the role of a spy. Here's hoping she'll be killing it on our TV screens for many suspenseful seasons to come.
Tierney's Wish List
- Dear The Vampire Diaries, please don't use the cure to turn Elena (Nina Dobrev) back into a human. Pretty, pretty please? We don't hate the idea of the cure, no, but we love Elena as a vamp and don't want to see her inhabit the role of damsel in distress again. More intriguing to us? Stefan (Paul Wesley), eternally broody over his vampire fate, taking the cure out and realizing he actually liked being dead. Now that would be good.
- Just keep doing your thang, Scandal. No, seriously, to us you are perfect and we spend a lot of time worrying that you will start to become less perfect. Yes, we're aware we have serious issues!
- Looking ahead toward next season, we're already saying a prayer every night. For what, you ask? An awesome S.H.I.E.L.D. pilot from Joss Whedon and the Marvel gang. A weekly escape into the superhero world each week? Yes please!
Jenna's Wish List:
- I really wish Homeland's new season would start sooner in 2013. Like, in January. I made the mistake of marathoning both seasons back to back just in time for the finale last week, and I'm not used to waiting for new episodes. What is this panic in my chest over the thought of not knowing what's coming next? Is this what Homeland fans felt when they had to wait months for new episodes? I don't like it. I need to know how Brody (Damian Lewis) is going to deal with being a fugitive. And I also need to know if there is room in Carrie's (Claire Danes) heart for Quinn (Rupert Friend), because I think they'd be awesome together. But mostly, I need more of Papa Bear Saul.
- Smash, I will totally let you be my star in season two. Just the addition of Broadway star Jeremy Jordan is enough to win me over, but you've included great storylines, fun musical numbers that don't force a campy quality, and a smooth balancing act of all the characters and their many, many problems. My only wish for you in 2013? Keep it up.
Your turn! What's on your TV wish list for 2013?