Thought summertime fashion was all about a banging bikini bod? Well, think again.
Because this summer's hottest styles are not only bright, fun and totally fabulous, but clothing is almost optional as we dare to beat the heat in the sexiest of styles.
From crop tops to short shorts to neon galore, there's still time to rock summer fashion like a star (and maybe snag something on sale!).
So, pull out that credit card, renew that gym membership, and get ready to channel your inner Miley Cyrus. Here are the top fashion trends of this summer season!
1. Crop Tops: Whether you love 'em or hate 'em, there's no denying this summer was the season of the crop top. The belly-baring style first crept onto our trending radar last summer, but it wasn't until Miley Cyrus' daily Pilates classes—and midriff to match—that the abtastic approach to summer fashion really took off.
Paired with a high-waisted skirt or supershort shorts, this trend looks fab on all our fave twentysomething stars with some of the most banging bodies in the biz.
Hey, if you've got it flaunt it (over Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or the social-media outlet of your choice)—right, @MileyCyrus?
2. Neon: Here at E!, we're all about a pop of color, but this summer's neon trend took color to a UV-level tone. From nails to hair to jeans to dresses to shoes to handbags and accessories, this ode to the '80s was everywhere this summer.
Nicki Minaj, Beyoncé and Katy Perry are just a few of the many celebs who love to rock this standout style. And whether it's bright yellow nails paired with an electric-blue top, a hot-pink dress with purple-colored tips or a bold red handbag with bright shoes to match, there are a million ways to test this trend.
Care to turn a few heads like Hollywood's hottest celebs? Then dare to add a pop of insanely bright color to your summer wardrobe. (Pair it with a crop top if you're really looking for attention.)
3. Dip-Dyed Hair: Extensions? Pshh. So last season. Now, it's all about adding some bright color to your tresses!
From Lauren Conrad to Nicole Richie to Ashley Tisdale to Christina Aguilera, countless celebs have jumped on the colored-tip trending train. This edgy 'do is a perfect way to change up your look without chopping off your locks.
If you're feeling extra bold, go for an all-over color à la Katy Perry, which looks totally fierce with all the neon shirts in stores this season.
Forget California blond! Celebs all over Tinseltown are proving blues, greens and even pinks are the ones who really have more fun.
4. Sheer: If you're not bold enough to bare your belly, then never fear—there's another summer trend for showing off your banging bod: sheer!
The sheer style is one of the easiest to rock, since it can go from cazh to glam and works well on every body type. Whether it's a see-through shirt with a neon bandeau or a long skirt with peek-a-boo detailing, we're fully obsessed with this subtle (or not) sexy trend.
5. Maxi/Mullet Dresses: Talk about a '70s comeback! This summer marked the return of the maxi/mullet dress. Whether you prefer the full floor-length style (maxi) or the short-in-front-long-in-back (mullet) look, this style was everywhere this summer.
From moms-on-the-go like Jessica Alba and Jessica Simpson to young stars like Emma Roberts and Demi Lovato, this trend can go from Saturday night out to Sunday brunch. If you're feeling really bold, add some sheer to your skirt for an all-over leggy look, or pair platforms with a mullet dress for a seriously sexy ode to the disco era.
An über-comfy outfit that defines effortlessly cool? Consider our closet chock-full.
6. Short Shorts: Legs for days and short shorts go together like Brad and Angelina, like Blake Lively and Christian Louboutin, or even Lindsay Lohan and trouble. OK, you get the point.
And this dare-to-bare style is one of the best ways to beat the heat while strategically minimizing your clothing (genius!). Stacy Keibler, Lea Michele and Miranda Kerr have all shown off their tan summer gams while rocking shorter-than-short styles.
Whether its jean shorts for daytime errands or a silky pair for a summertime red carpet, this is one of our favorite trends that doesn't quite have a spot in the fall fashion season.
So ladies, while there's still time left, pull out your crop tops, dip-dye your hair, paint your nails neon, put on your short shorts, and head to Hollywood.
You just might give Miley Cyrus a run for her money.