Congrats, Benedict Cumberbatch!
In case you haven't heard, the 38-year-old Sherlock star is engaged to Sophie Hunter (sorry, Cumberbitches!). The Brit actor proposed to his fiancée after reportedly flying to Edinburgh to ask her mother for Hunter's hand in marriage (how sweet!).
Cumberbatch announced their "forthcoming marriage" in a paid-for announcement in The Times newspaper that read, "The engagement is announced between Benedict, son of Wanda and Timothy Cumberbatch of London, and Sophie, daughter of Katharine Hunter of Edinburgh and Charles Hunter of London."
So what's the story on Cumberbatch's bride-to-be? Here are five things to know about Sophie Hunter.
1. She's Smart: Hunter is extremely well educated. She has a degree in Modern Languages from Oxford University and also attended the Jacques Lecoq school of theatre in Paris. She can also speak French. Talk about smart!
2. She's in the Biz Too: The 36-year-old is in the entertainment business, just like her man. In addition to various acting roles, Hunter is an accomplished theater director. In 2007, she won the Samuel Beckett award for writing and directing her own play The Terrific Electric. Hunter has also worked on multiple operas.
3. She's Costarred With Cumberbatch: Hunter and Cumberbatch actually met acting in the 2009 film Burlesque Fairytales, an independent thriller set in a 1930s theater. The lovebirds even shared scenes together. Cumberbatch isn't her only A-list costar. Hunter also appeared in Reese Witherspoon's 2004 period flick Vanity Fair.
4. She Has Royal Connections: Hunter comes from a very distinguished family. Her late grandfather was General Sir James Michael Gow GCB, Knight Grand Cross, Order of the Bath, who worked with Prince Henry, Duke of Gloucester in the 1950s.
5. She's Super-Private: Like her hubby-to-be, Hunter is very private when it comes to her personal life. In fact, the only public appearance that the duo have ever been photographed at was the 2014 French Open in Paris back in June.