Ever since Charlie Hunnam dropped out of Fifty Shades of Grey, we've all been dying to find out who will be the actor to take charge of that Red Room of Pain.
So just who is the 31-year-old Irish star rumored to be bringing this bad-boy dominant to life on the big screen? Kick off your Chuck Taylors and grab a glass of white wine—it's time to meet Jamie Dornan!
1. He Started as a Model: Like many actors, Jamie's photogenic face and hot bod helped him break into the biz. Per the Telegraph, he appeared in campaigns for Dior, Aquacutum, Armani and Calvin Klein with Kate Moss and Eva Mendes. In 2006, he made his film debut opposite Kirsten Dunst in Marie Antoinette. That same year, the New York Times dubbed him "the Golden Torso."
2. He Dated Keira Knightley: Jamie met the Pirates of the Caribbean star during a 2003 photo shoot in Manhattan. They quietly began dating, keeping their relationship under wraps for a year. They split in 2005, telling People in a joint statement they "remain completely committed to each other as friends and will continue to see each other in this capacity."
3. Now He's a Married Man: Yes, sorry, ladies, Jamie and singer Amelia Warner said "I do" in Somerset, England, on April 27, 2013. And, per the Belfast Telegraph, they're reportedly expecting their first child! Dornan's father and stepmother both work in gynecology and obstetrics and told the paper they were "delighted" their grandchild was on the way.
4. But He's Still Down to Get Dirty: Jamie plays a serial killer in the BBC Series The Fall. He told Digital Spy about one scene that was particularly disturbing to film, saying, "I spent a day strangling myself on the back of a door while I masturbated to a driving license of one of my victims…that's not an easy day at the office! And they cut it out! I couldn't believe it—they didn't even tell me. When I first watched the series, it just wasn't there!" A little S&M is nothing next to that!
5. And He Fits Right Into the Fantasy Realm: He didn't play Prince Charming on Once Upon a Time, but from 2011 to 2013 he played the Huntsman. "I mean, [the Huntsman] is a cool role to play," he told E! News earlier this year. "My only thing is that Chris Hemsworth is playing the Huntsman [in Snow White and the Huntsman] and he looks like a proper man. I look like, you know, a woman in drag." Clearly, that is not the case, but humility is always sexy!
(E! and Universal Pictures are both part of the NBCUniversal family.)