Sometimes snagging a role will also lead to snagging a soul mate.
Once Upon a Time costars Ginnifer Goodwin and Josh Dallas revealed that they're engaged after releasing a joint statement today that said, "We are so thrilled to announce our engagement and can't wait to celebrate with our friends and family, including our second family at Once Upon a Time."
But they're not the only couple who found love while working on a TV series.
Here are seven other lovebirds that met on set...
1. Jennifer Love Hewitt & Brian Hallisay: The brunette bombshell began dating her beau after meeting on the racy series The Client List, and took their relationship public in March 2012.In June 2013, Hewitt announced that she and Hallisay are engagedand expecting their first child together in December 2013.
Michael Courtney/The CW
2. Jared Padalecki & Genevieve Cortese: Padalecki married his former Supernatural costar in February 2010. In October 2011, he announced they were expecting their first child and nine months later, they welcomed a son, Thomas Colton Padalecki. In July 2013, Jared tweeted that they're expecting their second child.
Larsen & Talbert/FOX
3. Ashton Kutcher & Mila Kunis: The pair met on the FOX comedy That '70s Show, that aired for eight seasons from 1998 to 2006. But the duo didn't take their onscreen romance off screen until 2012. Since then, the actress and the guy that snagged her first kiss have been smooth sailing.
John P. Johnson/HBO
4. Anna Paquin & Stephen Moyer: It was
5. Kelly Ripa & Mark Consuelos: This good-looking pair met on the set of All My Children. Consuelos was newly hired to play her onscreen lover Mateo Santos. After dating for a year, Ripa and Consuelos eloped in Las Vegas in May 1996. On June 2, 1997, they welcomed their first son, Michael Joseph. The couple's second and third children, Lola Grace and Joaquin Antonio were born June 16, 2001 and February 24, 2003, respectively.
6. Alyson Hannigan & Alexis Denisof:
7. Hugh Jackman & Deborra-Lee Furness: These two have been together for quite some time. The X-Men star met his leading lady while shooting an Australian prison drama show called Correlli together. The chemistry was there, and so the duo tied the knot in 1996 and have been in love ever since.