But there were plenty of other celebs who tied the knot with spectacular—and sometimes super secretive!—ceremonies.
From Kerry Washington shocking us with her surprise nuptials to Jesse Tyler Ferguson saying "I Do" to partner Justin Mikita shortly after the historic DOMA ruling, here are the best celebrity weddings of the season:
2. French Fest: Ooh la la! Halle Berry and Olivier Martinez took to a tres romantic Renaissance chateau in Vallery, France to make their union official. They celebrated their big day in style, shuttling around the fab French location in a sleek white limo and setting off fireworks to mark the happy occasion. The pair will have another reason to rejoice this fall, when Berry is expected to give birth to their son!
3. Malibu Marvel: In one of the most extravagant weddings of the season, Breaking Bad's Aaron Paul and bride Lauren Parsekian treated guests to a swanky 1920s Parisian carnival-themed affair, which included stilt walkers and a performances by John Mayer and Foster the People!
4. Gothic Glamour: Leave it to rocker Avril Lavigne to wed Nickelback's Chad Kroeger in an edgy black Monique Lhuillier gown! And the ultra-untraditional gown choice wasn't the only thing that added drama to the ceremony—the couple wowed guests with a 14th century castle venue in the South of France, and kept guests entertained with lobster, endless champagne and a party that went until 6 a.m.
5. Modern Men: Less than a month after the Supreme Court struck down DOMA, Modern Family star Jesse Tyler Ferguson married partner Justin Mikita in a star-studded Manhattan ceremony attended by the likes of Julie Bowen, Rebecca Romijn and Zachary Quinto. A-listers partied with the happy couple in the city's 82 Mercer event space, which features 14-foot high ceilings and exposed brick walls. And seeing as Ferguson tweeted "Never been happier. XO Goodnight!," we'd say the wedding was a success!
6. Secret Lovers: We may not know too many details aboutKerry Washington's super secretive wedding ceremony to San Francisco 49ers player Nnamdi Asomugha, but we're impressed with the mere fact that the couple was able to guard their nuptials—and dating life—so well! Plus, we love that they skipped the Hollywood hoopla, opting for an Idaho wedding officiated by the groom's sister.