Missing shows and lying! Wicked catfights! All-nighters! Refusing to walk stairs! Scared of the rain! You crazy fashionistas never fail to amuse.
There was no shortage of mishaps and plenty of bad behavior on hand at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, and now that it's finally over, we'd like to recap some of our favorites.
So here are our picks for the five craziest moments...
1. Tim Gunn vs. Anna Wintour: The battle began when the Project Runway judge was asked during an interview to pimp his new book, Gunn's Golden Rules: Life's Little Lessons for Making It Work, to name something he'd never forget seeing in the fashion world. He answered that he once saw Wintour being carried down five flights of stairs by her bodyguards at a fashion show. Wintour went "ballistic," and, per Gunn, has never forgiven him, even though he sent her a huge bouquet of flowers afterward.
Thankfully, he did not run into the Vogue editrix this week, due to a cross-country book tour.
"Of course I'm scared of her, who isn't?" he told E! News earlier this week. "But life's too short to navigate through like that."
Stair avoidance seems to run rampant at Vogue—which brings us to our next crazy moment...
2. André Leon Talley's Stair Fright: Wintour's sidekick and the magazine's contributing editor refused to climb three stairs last night to get into a party celebrating Gwen Stefani and the artist Mr. Brainwash.
Talley arrived complaining that he "needed a break," and quickly jetted the crowded bash when he saw the stairs. Talley's assistant had excused the stair case, saying his boss had to "go sit and relax for a moment."
The Top Model judge exhibited top diva behavior all week, also dissing Foxy Brown during a performance Wednesday, turning his back on her when she tried to rap to him.
3. Crazy Ole Courtney Love: Not one incident, just Courtney Love. You know, as an entity.
She was everywhere, but apparently running on her own schedule, nearly missing her close friend Marc Jacobs' entire runway show, then complimenting the models and the clothes, which she missed, afterward.
She wasn't late to the parties, though—only late leaving.
She hit the Boom Boom Room at the Standard Hotel three times, where she sat on the floor and yelled at partygoers; a Dom Perignon bash, where she raged until they turned the lights on; the Narciso Rodriguez show, where she caused a scene wildly swinging her arms and acting out; chain-smoked on people backstage at Jacobs' shinding; and topped it all off with a crazy performance at rock club Don Hills.
4. The Tornado: On Thursday, the last day of Fashion Week, there was some wicked weather—trees were uprooted, flights were canceled (like Jacobs' flight to Paris), editors and models were drenched.
Wintour managed to navigate her way through the drops back to her car after the Oscar de la Renta show, while Elle's Robbie Myers, Rachel Zoe and Sarah Jessica Parker were caught in the lobby of a Park Avenue building waiting out the downpour.
5. Talk to the Hand (or About Them): Milla Jovovich and her alien hands were surprisingly the talk of the tents at Lincoln Center, and anyone who saw the Resident Evil hottie's photo shoot inside with Mercedes couldn't help but mention her oddly shaped hands.
"She was posing for pictures for Mercedes, and everyone was noticing how large and odd her hands were," one backstager explained.
After something like that, you might say we've seen it all. But somehow we know when it comes to the world of fashion, we haven't even come close.
Check out our Fashion Week: Runway Rundown photo gallery!