Holy Matrimony hit Hollywood hard this summer!
This season proved that love was definitely still in the T-Town air. Whether it was an intimate ceremony or a blown-out ball, some of the most distinguised duos tied the knot—anywhere from their backyard to the bahamas.
To toast to all of the celeb couples who got hitched (and made summer that much hotter), we've put together a list of the dreamiest "I dos":
1. Chelsea Clinton and Marc Mezvinsky: She looking like a true political princess in Vera Wang, and former president (and daddio) Bill Clinton walked his daughter down the aisle of the Astor Courts historic riverfront estate on her big day. Whether there were two helipads present, and Oprah Winfrey and Steven Spielberg were in the crowd, the ceremony was still "intimate."
2. Alicia Keys and Swizz Beatz: Talk about making sweet music! The hip-hop duo got hitched by Deepak Chopra in a small ceremony on the French island of Corsica in late July (the same day as Chelsea Clinton to be exact!). Alica was adorned in a single-shoulder, silk Vera Wang gown. Best feature? It was baby bump-disguising.
3. Hilary Duff and Mike Comrie: We can still hear the wedding bells chiming, because Hilary and her hubby were just wed in Santa Barbara! Although she may have started her big day with a chipped tooth, the starlet looked stunning in an organza Vera Wang gown, and the small, 100-person ceremony—plus the big, $1 million dollar rock—turned the wedding day into a (worked-hard-for) fairytale.
4. Carrie Underwood and Mike Fisher: The couple wed mid-June in Georgia, and more than 250 guests—including Tim McGraw and Faith Hill—were in attendance. As for the fashion? The beautiful bride wore a Chantilly lace and silk gown by Monique Lhuillier, topped off by a 40-carat diamond-encrusted tiara. And even her pup, Ace, wore a Swarovski crystal-encrusted pink tuxedo. Now, that's a stylish affair.
5. Javier Bardem and Penélope Cruz: Marrying intimately at a friend's home in the Bahamas, the caliente couple kept their soiree so private, the press barely got wind of it! Nevertheless, the duo—whose been dating since 2007—shot down rumors of a shotgun wedding.
And it wouldn't be right to celebrate the dreamiest and leave out the one that kept us awake at night:
The Most Nightmarish Wedding of Summer 2010:
Rush Limbaugh and...Elton John?: No, this odd couple didn't marry each other—Rush has worked too hard to make sure that sort of thing never happens. But the Grammy-winning, openly gay singer did perform at the super conservative radio host's fourth wedding to Kathryn Rogers in June. Talk about building bridges...
Whether or not these hunks got hitched, who should be crowned King of Summer?