You've heard of too much violence, too much strong language—but have you heard of too much sensuality? For a dark, gritty, superhero movie?!
The superhero epic Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice slated to come out in the spring received a PG-13 rating from the Motion Picture Association of America for "intense sequences of violence and action throughout, and some sensuality." That got us thinking, just what does some sensuality mean?
Or more specifically, what's happening in this superhero movie that warrants a "sensuality" warning?
Possible reasons why the movie is too sensual:
1. Batman eats a hotdog
2. Superman's cape gets stuck, his suit rips and his chest is exposed
3. Catwoman and Wonder Woman are locked in a storage closet for hours. What could happen?!
4. Kimye "Bound 2" situation; they must ride Batman's motorcycle this way to save space:
5. Batman pushes Superman's hair lovingly off his face
6. The two superheroes gaze at each other longingly
And finally, one to leave you thinking:
7. Bat Nipples
In all seriousness, the PG-13 rating is good for the DC Comics film because it doesn't turn people away like an R-rating would. Action and superhero films have been pushing the limit in terms of content that is allowed under the PG-13 rating. Some sensuality is just the latest.
We will have to wait to find out what those "sensual" moments could be, but fingers crossed for a "Bound 2" situation. Batman v Superman sensually comes out March 25, 2016.