There is always a trend that comes along that makes you stop and quickly think to yourself, "Can I pull that off?" The answer is a yes, ladies! You can! Slouch pants, also known as harem pants, are a look that we just can't get enough of this season. They're easy, they're fun, and they can be worn in any situation that you get yourself into. Did we mention that they are also super comfy?! The slouch pant has been a recent celebrity staple so we couldn't get our hands on them fast enough! Here are our top seven ways to wear them and where you can get a pair of your own!
1. Office Chic: Harem pants are one of the most versatile pieces of clothing that can be translated from day to night. This khaki style from Ralph Lauren is the perfect pant for the office when paired with a fitted black blazer and a matching heel. We're also totally loving how these tailor in at the ankle.
2. Night On The Town: These sequin pants from Otte NY confirm that all eyes will be on you when you are out for the night with your girlfriends. This sparkling showstopper is a must-have for anyone who wants to have some fun, but also remain comfortable as she dances the night away. Match this with a simple and slinky top to boost up the glam factor!
3. Music Festival: The key for dressing for this season's music festivals is the bolder, the better! These floral slouch pants from ASOS are loose enough to catch a breeze yet also practical enough for being outside all day long. The prints are also a huge festival staple! Just add a hat and you are officially ready to take on a weekend of outdoor fun!
4. A Black Tie Affair: Gone are the days where women could only wear long ball gowns to a black tie party. Now celebs are stepping out in a more androgynous fashion while still looking feminine and sexy. Black harem pants are the perfect way to tap into the tuxedo trend that we saw everywhere this award season. This pair by Stella McCartneyis a closet must! Pair with a classic white top and a delicate necklace and you'll be ready to take on any red carpet.
5. Girls Brunch: A midday meal with the ladies is the opportune time to take some fashion risks and chances. This pair of slouch pants allows you to play with mixed prints and accessories. Be prepared to answer the question, "Where did you get those pants?" a lot. The answer: Free People!
6. Errands: The best part about wearing slouch pants? Simplicity. It's an easy way to make a quick fashion statement no matter where you are headed for the day. If you're looking for something to quickly throw on before running to the grocery store or the mall, a printed harem pant is a great way to look fabulous without having to try too hard. Should you be afraid of running into you-know-who in public, dress it up with a bold crop top like this one from Forever21.
7. Dinner Date: Give an update to the LBD with this black leather harem pant from Pixie Market! The leather material dresses up your style while still keeping the night feeling casual (even if you are freaking out on the inside!) We recommend pairing these with a fitted blouse and heels to add to the look without going overboard. Once you're dressed, just sit back, relax and prepare to have sparks fly.
What are your thoughts on the slouch pant? Show us! Instagram your #OOTD and tag @TheFabulist for the chance for your picture to appear on our Pinterest board!