Aaron Carter recently revealed his desire to win back Hilary Duff, now that the "love of his life" is splitting with her husband and single again. And while we're not really sure if those two are meant to be together…wait. We're very sure that Hilary and Aaron are just not meant to get back together. Sorry, bro.
But it got us thinking, and while that usually leads to us doing or saying something weird, we believe using the past couple hours of our lives to think about celeb couples that we wish were still together is a great way to spend our time.
Sure, some of these couples broke up for good reasons (cheating, for example), but there is no denying that the world was a much more magical place when people like Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake or Rachel McAdams and Ryan Gosling were still in love with each other.
So, press play on the song below and let's reminisce together about these 20 celeb pairings that we wish were still intact:
1. Rachel Bilson and Adam Brody: While we love that Seth Cohen and Blair Waldorf just got married, we can't help but long for the time when Seth and Summer were still real-life lovers.
2. Sean "Diddy" Combs and Jennifer Lopez: Bring back the days when wearing a bandana as a headband was a thing.
3. Nick Jonas and Miley Cyrus: Oh, Niley. If you were still together, maybe Miley would have her tongue in her mouth more often. There's a crude joke in there somewhere, but we're not going to make it.
4. Avril Lavigne and Deryck Whibley: If only to prevent the Nickelback thing.
5. Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev: Remember when they were "concerned parents" when their cat got sick? Too cute.
6. Jonathan Groff and Zachary Quinto: Two men who are this attractive should never not be together.
7. Rachel McAdams and Ryan Gosling: Ryan once said that their own love story was better than The Notebook's Noah and Ali. So why they couldn't work things out is beyond us. And then there was this moment.
8. Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston: Yeah, we're going there. And we bought property.
9. Amy Poehler and Will Arnett: The day these two hilarious and beautiful humans broke up was the day love died for us.
10. Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens: They sang and danced through three High School Musical movies together! Is nothing sacred anymore?!
11. Ryan Reynolds and Scarlett Johansson: They were just so darn fun to look at when they were together. It was like looking at art. Walking, talking art.
12. Taylor Swift and Joe Jonas: Of all her ex-boyfriends, we think we miss Joe Jonas the most. They were young when they dated, but now that they're a bit older, perhaps Jaylor can work things out? Or at least we'll get more songs like "Better Than Revenge."
13. Carmen Electra and Dave Navarro: How did a couple who had a MTV reality show together not stay together?!
14. Nick Lachey and Jessica Simpson: How did a couple who had a MTV reality show together not...never mind.
15. Heidi Klum and Seal: We thought these two were in it for the long haul. It's the way of the world, though. And sometimes celeb couples let you down.
16. Carson Daly and Tara Reid: Because why not? They were TRL royalty. And now he's found success with The Voice. She's found...something with Sharknado. Maybe they can find something with each other again?
17. Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart: Sadly, R.Pattz and K.Stew weren't meant for eternity like Bella and Edward. We kind of miss the days when fans were so invested in their relationship that they went to stores to hide all the magazines that featured stories on their breakup. Didn't they make a hashtag about it, too? #Unbroken or something? Outstanding stuff.
18. Courteney Cox and David Arquette: They were an odd couple, but they worked! Until they didn't. And now we're sad.
19. Winona Ryder and Johnny Depp: One of the coolest celeb couples to ever exist. The whole universe was just plain better when they were together.
20. Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake: Turn. Back. Time.
Which celeb couple do you wish still had a thing?