A red carpet look isn't complete without the perfect lip hue.
On this year's Golden Globes red carpet, stars like Taylor Swift , Zooey Deschanel, Jenna Dewan and many more stars rocked red lips, bringing on the Hollywood glam with their cherry and bordeaux-red slathered pouts.
So, what's the best way to get your lips red carpet ready?
Margina Dennis, who is an expert at PopExpert, a site that gives users a chance to connect face-to-face via video chat with professionals from a variety of fields, gave us her tips on achieving the perfect red lip look.
The makeup guru, who has worked with the likes of Lea Michele and Petra Nemcova, has a simplistic approach to makeup, saying, "I'm a firm believer in keeping people looking like themselves, but it enhancing the look so that they can be the best that they can be."
Check out her tricks and tips below!
1. Exfoliate your lips. Nothing is worse than a chapped red lip. According to Dennis, Lip Silk by Laura Mercier is a great product to use to keep your lips smooth and hydrated.
2. Line and fill in your lips with a red lip liner. The make-up guru also recommends using NYX plush red or Vincent Long red/coral red duo lip pencils to line your lips before applying the lipstick.
3. Fill in the lip with color. Apply your lipstick starting from the center of the lip and work your way to the outer edges with a lip brush. Julie Hewett's Rouge Noir, Besame Cosmetics' Besame Red, and Lipstick Queen's Sinner are just a few of the great red lip color options to try if you're trying red lips for the first time.
4. Finish that up by blotting your lips with a single ply of tissue and you have the perfect lip.
5. One of the best ways to perfect your red lip look is to pair it with soft matte makeup on your skin. To do this, hydrate your skin, then apply a primer to help your foundation stay on longer and aid in oil absorption (Whip Hand Cosmetics Set the Stage Primer and Skinn Cosmetics Orchid Gel are great choices for this). Then, follow that with a full coverage foundation, like Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer or By Terry Lumiere Veloutee Cover- Expert Perfect Fluid Foundation. Apply it with a kabuki brush or with a rounded makeup sponge, to buff the foundation into the skin. Next, set your foundation with a loose powder, like Caron Loose Face Powder, for a flawless finish.
Now you're ready to take your red carpet red lip look out to the hottest event in town!