New details have emerged about the tragic death of Cory Monteith.
Sources tell E! News that "numerous amounts of alcohol" and other as yet unidentified substances were allegedly found in the late Glee star's hotel room Saturday. (An official cause of death will not be revealed until an autopsy takes place and results are released later this week.)
Cory, 31, had reportedly been "partying with his friends" at "at least one club" in Vancouver's Downtown Eastside neighborhood Friday night, according to a source. "Yes, he had recently been drinking alcohol, but not to the extent there was any alcohol poisoning kind of impact," says the source.
According to surveillance footage, the source said, Lea Michele's love returned "alone" to the Fairmont Pacific Hotel "a little after two in the morning." The video showed that "no one but Cory entered that room" until Saturday afternoon, when a member of the housekeeping staff, believing the room to be vacant, walked in.
A source also confirms there was a bottle of wine in his room, however, it is customary at the hotel in which Monteith was staying to gift a bottle to each of its guests.
Meanwhile, as for the unidentified substances found, a source tells E! News investigators are not assuming any connection between them and a possible cause of death "just in case he also had an underlying medical condition." (Cory's family and personal doctors have reportedly been contacted "to determine if there were any contributing factors, such as a heart condition." All information provided was passed on to the corner.)
There were no signs of foul play.
"When all the facts are made public, it will become obvious why police were able to conclude their part of the investigation in the first 24 hours," says a source.
As of Monday morning, the 21st floor of the Fairmont Pacific Hotel, where Monteith's room was located, remains blocked off. Sources say all other guests occupying the floor were asked to move to a new location within the hotel due to the sudden death.
If you or someone you know needs help with addiction issues, contact Narcotics Anonymous (http://www.na.org).