When it comes to wedding gowns, we're all for formality and fancy frills, but sometimes a celeb surprises us with an unexpectedly simple dress for her big day.
Keira Knightley wowed in a demure tulle design by Chanel at her French countryside wedding that was, well, short and sweet, much like her intimate 10-minute ceremony.
The strapless silhouette felt fresh and youthful and certainly gave off a fuss-free fashion vibe to her low-key wedding.
Wondering who else went for an abbreviated hemline while tying the knot?
Here are a few of our favorite bold brides who went for an untraditional look:
1. Natalie Portman: The adorable actress married Benjamin Millepied in Big Sur wearing an A-line tea-length dress with sheer long sleeves by Rodarte in August 2012. The simple silhouette felt modern yet romantic in their outdoor setting. Nude ballet flats and a bohemian-inspired floral wreath and veil pulled her lovely look together.
2. Audrey Hepburn: Always elegant, the Breakfast at Tiffany's star looked positively ladylike in a prim tea-length dress by Balmain when she wed actor, producer and director Mel Ferrer in 1954. The design accentuated her tiny waist and petite frame, while the elaborate chiffon shoulders added an unexpected element that suited her beautifully. Hepburn swept her hair back and accessorized with a floral crown and elbow-length gloves.
FameFlynet, ABC, Getty Images
3. Cindy Crawford: For her gorgeous beach wedding in the Bahamas to Rande Gerber, the supermodel wore a sexy lace slip dress by John Galliano. The white hot mini dress proved to be the perfect choice for her tropical wedding in 1998.
4. Elizabeth Taylor: When the stunning movie star exchanged vows with Richard Burton in Montreal, she tapped costume designer Irene Sharaff (who was responsible for her Cleopatra ensembles on-screen) to design a short yellow chiffon dress for her wedding day. A gorgeous shawl collar and billowy sleeves added drama to her cheerful look, while the elaborate floral headpiece made a major style statement.
5. Rita Wilson: The '80s were in full effect when Wilson wed Tom Hanks! The actress turned heads in an extravagant white minidress featuring a sweetheart neckline and ruffled peplum detail. Sheer white hose, satin pumps and layers of frothy tulle completed this fun and fabulous look.
Which short celebrity wedding dress is your favorite?
PHOTOS: See other celebs' wedding dresses