There's no doubt President Barack Obama's inauguration ceremony is the event to watch Monday.
From the superstar performances, to the celebrity attendees and the historic swearing-in itself, we can't wait to see how the event will turn out.
But, before the re-elected POTUS is sworn in on the West Front of the U.S. Capitol on Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, we rounded up five things to look out for at the president's inauguration.
• The OMG moments: Aside from the obvious big moment (the swearing in) in 2009 at President Obama's inauguration ceremony, nothing topped our list of OMG and meme-worthy moments more than Aretha Franklin's over-the-top, absolutely fantastic hat. We'll definitely be on the look out to see which star or politico's attire, expression or catchphrase nabs its own Twitter handle this year and lands a place in history as the unforgettable inauguration moment of 2013.
• Michelle, Sasha and Malia Obama's inauguration duds: Let's be honest…we are dying to see what this lovely trio will be wearing as they watch President Obama take his oath. The ever-sophisticated FLOTUS, who just celebrated her 49th birthday (and kicked it off with a bang, literally), wowed us during the 2012 presidential debates with her chic attire, and we're expecting nothing less when she makes her sure-to-be-fashionable appearance Monday. Although famed fashion designers like Monique Lhuillier and Nanette Lepore have given their takes on what they think the first lady and her daughters should wear at the main event, details about their Inauguration attire have been kept under wraps.
• The Performances: Beyoncé, Kelly Clarkson and James Taylor, oh my! These three music superstars were all tapped to perform at the President's inauguration ceremony, and are set to sing national-themed songs. Beyoncé will be performing the National Anthem, Clarkson will sing "My Country ‘Tis of Thee," and Taylor will croon "America the Beautiful." Perhaps there will be a surprise musical guest in the mix as well? We'll just have to wait (with bated breath) and see.
• Celebrity Attendees: It's no secret President Obama has numerous celebrity supporters, including Eva Longoria, George Clooney and Katy Perry. So, which stars will show up at the main event? Perry, Alicia Keys, Usher and Brad Paisley are all performing at balls throughout the holiday weekend, and Longoria, Will.i.am., and George Lopez are all in town for the festivities, so it's a possibility they will be in the audience. And if the last inauguration ceremony is any indication of which stars will attend, big names like Oprah Winfrey, Denzel Washington and Steven Spielberg should be in attendance as well.
• Will Chief Justice John Roberts keep it together this time? During Obama's 2009 swearing-in ceremony, Roberts famously made the ultimate slip-up, flubbing the inaugural oath. Hopefully, this time around, Roberts won't make the same mistake. Either way, we'll be watching.