An awards show isn't really an awards show if it doesn't have at least a few moments that make you scream OMG in your head (or out loud if it's extra awesome).
Last night's 2012 American Music Awards was no exception, so we've compiled five jaw-dropping moments that we felt needed a little more attention.
1. Bieber Gets "Cougar Raped:" Those are Jenny McCarthy's words, not ours. The actress kissed Justin Bieber all over the neck and even grabbed his bottom when he went up to accept his award for Favorite Pop/Rock Album.
But it turns out, the star was planning this burst of affection from the start. McCarthy told E! News on the red carpet before the show that she hoped either Biebs or One Direction would win so she could "exploit some photos from them," and even joked that maybe she should consider dating newly single Bieber.
2. Taylor Gets Down: One minute Taylor Swift looks like she's performing for a wholesome back-to-school commercial, and the next—she's on the floor whipping her hair and wearing a bustier while performing "I Knew You Were Trouble."
Don't get us wrong, we're kinda digging the new edginess.
3. Xtina Joins Lady Gaga Bandwagon: Well, Mama Monster seems to be doing something right. Forget Madonna and Kesha, after last night's performance, it seems as though Christina Aguilera is trying to be the new Gaga.
The singer performed a song that was very similar to the idea of "Born This Way," rocked platinum blond, straight hair with bangs while wearing a glittertastic, starry one-piece outfit and had multiple drag queens dancing around her.
Your move, Mama Monster.
4. Barbz FTW: Think whatever you want about Nicki Minaj—she dominated last night. Although her fashion choices remain questionable, Minaj proved that her Barbz are by far the greatest fans when she won Favorite Rap/Hip-Hop Artist and Album. Did we mention she was the only female nominee in both categories?
5. Greatest Dance Mix of All Time: It wasn't a huge shocker that producers chose to end the show with PSY performing "Gangnam Style," but what was super surprising and also awesome, was when fellow harem pants-lover MC Hammer joined the stage and the duo performed a mash-up of the Korean rap song and "Too Legit to Quit."
Can someone say "dance party"?
—Reporting by Marc Malkin
What was your favorite part of the American Music Awards? Let us know in the comments!