And we also know that the thought of this possibly breaking Robsten apart forever breaks your heart (unless you're excited that she and Robert Pattinson would be back on the market), but what you may not know, is that this isn't the first time an actress and director have decided to hook up.
Just take these duos as an example.
1. Milla Jovovich and Paul W.S. Anderson: The actress started dating the director-producer in 2002 after meeting on the Resident Evil set. The couple had their first child together in 2007 and officially said "I do" in 2009. Prior to Anderson, Jovovich married her Fifth Element director Luc Besson in 1997 and divorced two years later.
2. Kate Beckinsale and Len Wiseman: After an eight-year relationship with actor Michael Sheen, the big-screen vamp started falling for her then-married Underworld director in 2003. It must have been love at first sight for the both of them because in 2004 the couple married and have been together ever since.
3. Madonna and Guy Ritchie: This pair started a little differently than the others. Ritchie was introduced to Madge when she recorded a track for his film Love, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels' in 1998 before marrying in 2000. The director then cast Madonna in his reboot for Swept Away. The couple—who have one biological son named Rocco and an adopted son David together—split in 2008.
4. Kate Capshaw and Steven Spielberg: The Texan actress met the film director after landing the female lead for the Raiders of the Lost Ark prequel, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom in 1984. Capshaw and Spielberg married in 1991 and had three biological children together and one adopted daughter.
5. Tim Burton and Helena Bonham Carter: The creative film director and writer became intrigued with the actress while shooting the 2001 flick Planet of the Apes. Although the duo never married, they have two sons together and, as you may have noticed, Carter is a frequent star in many of Burton's films.