Understandably, both moviegoers and theater owners are on heightened alert in the wake of last week's horrific shooting.
As a result, extra precaution has been taken over the last few days and, in some cases, has actually led to a couple of arrests.
In Edgewater, N.J., on Monday night, a showing of The Dark Knight Rises was stopped after a person went through the emergency exit and spoke to someone outside.
"An individual called the police immediately and we started getting call after call," Edgewater Police Capt. William Skidmore tells E! News. "The management company turned on the lights and asked for whoever it was to come forward or for the patrons to identify him. No one could identify him, so officers evacuated the theater and checked that nothing was left behind. The moviegoers were refunded."
Meanwhile, on Sunday, 52-year-old Clark Tabor was arrested at a Dark Knight Rises screening in Norwalk, Calif., after he allegedly began creating a disturbance and voicing his frustration that the movie hadn't started yet, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department.
Witnesses told police that Tabor allegedly held up his cell phone and yelled, "Does anyone have a gun?" and "I should go off like in Colorado."
Another incident also occurred on Sunday in West Homestead, Pa., when a fight broke out as an audience watched The Dark Knight Rises. The altercation led to panic and several people dashed for the emergency exits, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports. While police were called to the scene, no arrests were made.
And over in Sierra Vista, Ariz., on Friday, 27-year-old Michael William Borba was arrested on suspicion of disorderly conduct and threatening and intimidating at a theater showing The Dark Knight Rises. According to authorities, witnesses said Borba appeared to be drunk and was acting strangely during the movie, per the Arizona Daily Star. When someone confronted Borba, "mass hysteria" ensued and about 50 people fled the theater.
—Reporting by Sharareh Drury