Make that, what we think we already know.
Here's a rundown of what we expect...
[Warning: Potential spoilers ahead!]
1. The Hulk Will Smash! Mark Ruffalo is among The Avengers heroes who have been signed to do multiple movies. Thor's Chris Hemsworth, Captain America's Chris Evans, Black Widow's Scarlett Johansson, Hawkeye's Jeremy Renner and S.H.I.E.L.D.'s Samuel L. Jackson are the others.
2. Robert Downey Jr. Will Make a Lot of Money, Somewhere: The star's Iron Man deal runs out after the upcoming Iron Man 3. So, either Marvel will pay Downey (a lot) to suit up again for The Avengers 2, or he'll take his bankable self to another franchise (and Marvel can try out its James Bond plan).
3. The Hulk and Iron Man Will Smash Together: Well, they were smashing together in The Avengers, and the movie did give the impression that the guys were going to hang out. So, the powers-that-be must build on that relationship in The Avengers 2, especially if Downey returns—er, right? Hopefully?
4. Joss Whedon Will Know What to Do: Since the filmmaker's not signed for the sequel, it's no sure thing he'll get the chance. But Whedon sounds like he has a plan—and a good one—for The Avengers 2: In an inversion of sequel logic, he'd go smaller, not bigger. (Calling Ant-Man?)
5. The New Bad Guy's Name Will Start With a…: If you haven't watched The Avengers yet, then look away for a second because as those who've seen the movie know, the film's (first) end-credits scene features the esteemed Marvel villain Thanos. SuperHero Authority makes a case for the intergalactic force getting in some licks first in Thor 2, and then prompting the hero team to reunite for The Avengers 2.