"A" Day is upon us, Pretty Little Liars fans. Congrats on making it!
After two seasons of torture, texts and tragedy, Aria (Lucy Hale), Spencer (Troian Bellisario), Hanna (Ashley Benson) and Emily (Shay Mitchell) will finally learn the identity of their mysterious abuser on the season finale of the ABC Family hit series tonight.
To prepare, we chatted with producers Marlene King and Lisa Cochran-Neilan about tonight's highly anticipated finale and the two were gracious enough to offer up scoop on our top five "A" suspects. So what did they have to say?
Our Top Five Suspects
1. Melissa (Torrey DeVitto): Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, right?! The pregnant Melissa definitely had her reasons for wanting to torture (and possibly kill) Alison (Sasha Pieterse), but would she go as far as to make her little sister's life a living hell? Yeah, we wouldn't put it past her. The woman has hooked up with Ian and Garrett, so clearly she's got some screws loose. "If you love Melissa, if you love to yell at Melissa, if you love to hate her, if you love to love her, you will love this finale," Cochran-Neilan teases. "She is a wonderful part of this." King adds that Melissa wil be playing cat and mouse with our core girls in the beginning of the finale.
The only reason we don't think Melissa is "A"? When we caught up with the lovely DeVitto in Atlanta while visiting the set of The Vampire Diaries, she told us, "Melissa will be around in the next season. She won't go away."
2. Office Garrett (Yani Gellman): Garrett was arrested for the murder of Alison at the end of last week's episode and while we'd usually consider this a misdirect, we're still very suspicious of TV's creepiest cop. Of Garrett's current predicament, Cochran-Neilan says, "The bottom line is no matter how confident someone appears, everyone in Rosewood has a ton of baggage and secrets."
Of Garrett's place in the finale, King teases, "He should be scared. It does appear Jenna has turned on him and nobody wants Jenna as their enemy."
3. Jenna (Tammin Sursok): She can totally see! She set Garrett up! She's manipulating our PLLs! But would it be too obvious at this point for Jenna to be "A"? King says Jenna is "very much involved" in the mystery of the show and will continue to be so. Hmm...
"I think the fans are yet to find out when did Jenna really get her eyesight back," King says of Jenna's "newfound" eyesight. "Did her surgery work or did she have it all along?"
4. Jason (Drew Van Acker): He always seems to show up and present new information about Alison to the girls, right? While he earned Spencer's trust after it was revealed that they have the same father, something about Jason still rubs us the wrong way. Then again, we don't know if he's smart enough to pull off everything "A" has done.
Though Van Acker recently landed a role in ABC's Devious Maids pilot, King says she plans on having him back for at least some of season three, which may take him out of the "A" race.
5. Maya (Bianca Lawson): We first became suspicious of Maya in...the pilot. Yes, that early. We first met her when she was throwing away some of Alison's things. Alison could've easily left a diary full of the girls' secrets behind for Maya to use to her advantage. Plus, who knows if was ever really sent away to True North? Cochran-Neilan tells us we will definitely be seeing Maya in the finale.
"The Maya story plays out in the finale," King teases. "She has a strong presence in the finale."
Honorable Mentions: Mona (Janel Parrish), who claims to have received several texts from "A," Ezra (Ian Harding), Aria's beloved who showed up in town at the same time as "A"'s torture started, Byron (Chad Lowe), Aria's dad...just because, Kate (Natalie Hall), Hanna's evil step-sister and, our craziest theory of all, one of the four main PLLs!
Pretty Little Liars' season two finale airs tonight at 8 p.m. on ABC Family.
Vote in our PLL poll above and then head on down to the comments to tell us why you think that person is "A"!