Jon Favreau isn't feeling so super about Iron Man's next adventure.
The director of the first two Iron Man films won't be returning for the third. He just has other plans.
"It's true, I'm directing Magic Kingdom, not Iron Man 3," Favreau tweeted Tuesday. "I've had a great run with Marvel and wish them the best."
Favreau, who earlier this month signed on to helm the aforementioned Disneyland-comes-to-life family flick, recently said he wasn't sure what Iron Man 3 would be about, considering the glut of superhero movies in the pipeline—including the Iron Man-utilizing The Avengers.
"In theory, Iron Man 3 is going to be a sequel or continuation of Thor, Hulk, Captain America and Avengers," the onetime Swingers schlub told MTV News. "This whole world...I have no idea what it is. I don't think they do either, from conversations I've had with those guys."
New York magazine's Vulture blog, which first had the news, speculates whether Favreau, who most recently wrapped Cowboys & Aliens, and Marvel Entertainment may have reached an impasse over his climbing price tag, now that he's an established summer-blockbuster filmmaker. (But Disney snatched up Marvel in 2009, and the Mouse House is apparently paying him enough to helm Magic Kingdom.)
But though it may not have a director or a script yet, Iron Man 3's got a big-deal star and a release date: May 13, 2013.
(Originally published Dec. 14, 2010, at 3:09 p.m. PT)