Miley Cyrus won't be singing her Last Song in the U.K. this week.
The starlet and boyfriend Liam Hemsworth won't be able to make it to their London premiere, due to the volcanic ash clouds covering the European nations following the eruption of Eyjafjallajökull in Iceland.
• The status of the superhero sequel remains in question, as the opener was set for next week. As of now, the schedule remains intact and organizers are keeping an eye on the situation.
• The junket for the film, as well as one for Ridley Scott's Robin Hood, is slated for next week also, with journalists scheduled to travel overseas for the events. Again, changes to the plan remain uncertain.
• British rockers the Cribs, Bad Lieutenant, Delphic and more were unable to leave their home country to make it to Indio, Calif., for the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival this weekend. Ditto for Scottish musicians Frightened Rabbit and the Chicago-based Hypnotic Brass Ensemble, which was touring in Europe but on the festival lineup.
• Tom Ford wasn't able to make the GLAAD Media Awards Saturday to accept his trophy for Outstanding Wide Release Film for A Single Man because he was stuck in London.
• At Disney's Oceans premiere Saturday, director Jacques Cluzaud was MIA after being trapped overseas.
• U.S. events such as the Tribeca Film Festival (which begins on Wednesday) and WWE Raw in New Jersey tonight may be affected.
• Demi Moore tweeted that her plans to promote The Joneses in the U.K. are "not looking good," she said. "No flights!"
• Singer Mika had to postpone his Lisbon performance after being stranded in Paris. "Volcano freak out," he tweeted. "This is bad." He made his gig in Barcelona Sunday after renting a caravan of cars.
• Indie rockers the Features have already postponed their entire U.K. tour until June.