by Rebecca Macatee | Fri., Oct. 25, 2013 2:45 PM
Elliot Grey, it is so nice to meet you!
Luke Grimes is officially signed on for the role of Christian Grey's big brother in Fifty Shades of Grey, E! News confirmed Friday, Oct. 25. The 29-year-old actor will star alongside Jamie Dornan (Christian) and Dakota Johnson (Anastasia Steele) as Kate Kavanagh's love interest. (No one's officially signed on as Kate—yet—so ladies, keep those lower lips in bitable shape.)
Anyway, "Lelliot," as Christian often calls his blue-eyed, curly-haired brother (presumably contact lenses, peroxide and a perm will be provided for Luke during filming) is quite the character in real life, too.
Here are five things you need to know about your new Elliot Grey!
1. He's the Son of a Preacher Man: Yes, indeed, Luke grew up in Dayton, Ohio, where his father still works as a Pentecostal pastor. He told Interview magazine, however, he's "not really a fan of organized religion." Still, mom and dad supported their handsome son, even taking out a mortgage on their home to send him to acting school in New York City. The Lord works in mysterious ways!
2. But He's Totally Down to Get Dirty Onscreen: And apparently, he's a pro. In 2010, he played Ellen Barkin's significantly younger lover in S--t Year. Not unlike the character he's playing in Fifty Shades of Grey, Luke was confident when it came to scenes in the bedroom. "I'm not nervous," he claimed, prior to the start of filming. "I probably will be. That's how I work. If there are any nerves, it won't happen until right before."
ABC; Summit Entertainment
3. He Auditioned for Robert Pattinson's Role in Twilight: And we all know Edward Cullen and Bella Swan didn't do the deed until their wedding night! (Remember all the feathers?) Well, in a 2010 interview with Access Hollywood, Luke revealed he "did [audition] for a few different characters actually," including "for Robert Pattinson's role…" He [clearly] didn't get the part, saying it was just "not the right fit."
4. He Didn't Get to Sparkle, But He Did Get to Play a Vampire: Not just any vampire, either—a True Blood one! No spoilers, but let's just say Luke's undead alter ego James was a gentleman in the bedroom, paid a hefty price for it and ultimately reaped the rewards. Chivalrous, right? Kinda like a Cullen.
Getty Images; PacificCoastNews
5. And You Will Love His Lindsay Lohan Story: It even involves nudity! In 2009, Luke told Blackbook, "When I'm a little intoxicated, I think it's really fun to moon starlets." Don't we all? But "when I did it to Lindsay Lohan," he said, "I was thrown out of the club."
It happens! Laters, babe!