It's not often at E! News that we have to deal with issues of bestiality. Actually, we never have to.
And we certainly have never had to confirm if an A-list celebrity gets raped by an animal in an upcoming Oscar buzzy movie.
But that all changed today after The Drudge Report erroneously reported that Leonardo DiCaprio's character gets raped by a bear in The Revenant.
The rumor spread like a bear on honey.
Fox, the studio behind the film, had to actually issue a statement denying the rumor, explaining to Entertainment Weekly that DiCaprio's character is attacked by a bear because she thinks her cubs are in danger.
"There is clearly no rape scene with a bear," the statement said.
With that report put into permanent hibernation, we're taking a look at eight more of the biggest movie rumors of 2015...
1. Rumor: Nicole Kidman was going to join the superhero world by playing an Amazonian warrior in the stand-alone Wonder Woman movie.
Verdict: Not true. A source quickly shot down the casting claim, telling E! News, "Not true."
2. Rumor: A second The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo movie is in the works, but the studio is for a new actress to replace Rooney Mara as Lisbeth Salander.
Verdict: Not true—at least according to Mara. "As far as I know, I'm doing it until someone tells me otherwise," Mara told E! News just days after the rumor started.
3. Rumor: George Clooney is developing an all-female Ocean's 11 reboot with Sandra Bullock in talks to star.
Verdict: Maybe. No one has officially confirmed or denied the story, which was first reported by The Playlist. We do know Hollywood loves to jump on a trend so we're going to guess no one will make a move until they see box office receipts for upcoming the all-female Ghostbusters reboot.
4. Rumor: Charlize Theron is joining the Fifty Shades of Grey sequel as Elena Lincoln, the Mrs. Robinson-like character who first introduced Christian Grey to the world of S&M and bondage.
Verdict: Not true. As much as we'd love to imagine the Oscar winner getting her kinky on, she told E! News in July at the premiere of her indie thriller Dark Places, "I hadn't heard that one. Wow, I'm just learning so much about myself on this carpet tonight."
5. Rumor: Carrie Fisher's daughter, Scream Queens star Billie Lourd, plays Princess Leia's daughter in the Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
Verdict: Not true. "I'm not Princess Leia's daughter," Lourd told Interview magazine in July. But don't ask her who she is playing. Like everything else with The Force Awakens, the young actress' role has been a tightly held secret.
6. Rumor: David Beckham is in talks to replace Daniel Craig as James Bond in the 007 franchise.
Verdict: Not true. Even thought the soccer stud's wife Victoria Beckham has said she would love to see her hubby shaken and stirred, his rep denied the report.
7. Rumor: Adele will make her big screen debut in director Xavier Dolan's next film, The Death and Life Of John F. Donovan opposite Jessica Chastain, Kit Harington, Susan Sarandon and Kathy Bates.
Verdict: Maybe. Dolan directed the music video for "Hello" so it sure sounds like a possibility. However, no one from Adele or Dolan's camp has confirmed or denied anything.
8. Rumor: Jared Leto sent a dead hog to his Suicide Squad co-stars.
Verdict: True. The Oscar winner certainly wasn't joking around when getting into character as The Joker. His individual gifts included a live rat to Margot Robbie and some bullets to Will Smith. Is it any wonder director David Ayer had an on-set therapist to help cast and crew get through shooting?
For more movie scoop, click the video below to find out what Cate Blanchett told us about filming a love scene with Rooney Mara in Carol.