Bobbi Kristina Brown

Kevin Mazur/WireImage via ABC

Bobbi Kristina Brown remains in a Georgia hospital, but Roswell police continue to investigate the happenings that took place last Saturday morning that resulted in Whitney Houston's daughter nearly drowning in her bathtub.

A source close to the investigation reveals more details which help shed some light about what happened inside her home in the hours leading up to her discovery. The source tells E! News exclusively that while police aren't considering this a criminal investigation just yet, they are actively looking into multiple people that might have been connected to Houston's 21-year-old daughter.

As E! News reported, Bobbi Kristina received a visit that morning from a Comcast Xfinity cable technician, which prompted Max Lomas and Nick Gordon to go looking for her. And now the source tells us, "The police don't see the cable guy as having any connection to Bobbi Kristina."

Bobbi Kristina Brown

Christopher Polk/WireImage

"He was there for a routine business transaction," the source adds.

Lomas apparently didn't rush to the bathroom out of fear something was wrong with his friend's girlfriend, but instead sought her out to get help for the cable guy. He entered when she didn't respond to his knocks and calls.

"When Max found her he called for Nick," the source says.

Gordon then proceeded to perform CPR on Bobbi Kristina. The source estimates that it could have been close to half-an-hour before any significant oxygen flow was returned into Bobbi's respiratory system when the paramedic arrived.

Lomas has told police that he doesn't recall whether or not the bathroom door was locked at the time. But according to the source, investigators continue to press him on this because initially he had told them that the door was lucked. Because he wasn't sure if it was hard to open or actually locked, he allegedly changed his story to say he didn't remember.

Bobbi Kristina Brown

Jim Spellman/WireImage

Investigators have interviewed both Lomas and Gordon multiple times and have been cooperating with authorities. The investigation has been "thorough and professional." Police haven't indicated any reason to believe foul play is involved.

Lomas and Gordon partied together at an Atlanta nightclub the night before, but Bobbi Kristina didn't go with them, the source says. She was home when they returned around 6 a.m. Saturday morning. But police have been trying not only to piece together what happened after they came back but also what Bobbi Kristina was doing and with whom in the hours prior.

Police have left open the possibility that someone was with her at home, and the source says it could have been Lomas' girlfriend. The source also adds that police are skeptical to believe that only the cable guy, Lomas and Gordon were in the house that morning, which is why they have been asking nearby employees whether or not they saw anyone hop Bobbi Kristina's fence. 

  • Share
  • Tweet
  • Share

We and our partners use cookies on this site to improve our service, perform analytics, personalize advertising, measure advertising performance, and remember website preferences. By using the site, you consent to these cookies. For more information on cookies including how to manage your consent visit our Cookie Policy.