Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is mourning the loss of one of his new puppies.
In an emotional post on his Instagram, the actor revealed he had to take his dog Brutus off life support and "send his soul to pup heaven."
"I held his lil' paw as he was finally at peace," he wrote with a picture from the vet. "As all puppies and dogs do, he ate a mushroom while playing outside with his brother Hobbs. This mushroom happened to have a lethal toxicity and within hours it was rapidly destroying his liver and immune system to the point of no return."
He added, "What looks innocent, can be deadly to your lil' family members."
Although The Rock adopted the four-legged family member over Labor Day weekend, the proud dog owner has had some pretty close calls with this pet in the past month.
While celebrating the summer holiday, the Fast and Furious star had to rescue Brutus after he jumped into the pool and began to sink.
"A few lessons I've learned today.. A) Not all puppies have the instinct to doggie paddle. B) Some puppies (like BRUTUS) will be so in shock by experiencing water they will sink extremely fast so react quick," he wrote after the rescue. "#BRUTUSLives."
Despite the rescue, Brutus still had to visit the vet days later when he decided to "get all sick" on The Rock. Poor pooch!
While Brutus may not have been the luckiest dog in the health department, The Rock couldn't help but fall in love with his pet. As a result, the loss is nothing short of tough on everyone in the family.
"We'll always love you Brutus.. and you'll always be my lil' main man and rough housing Brute," he wrote on Instagram. "#RIPBrutus #WishICouldveSavedYouOneMoreTime."
Who is Hollywood's top celebrity dog? Watch the video and find out!