Go JoJo, go JoJo, go!
We hope you don't have anything scheduled for Monday, May 23, because that's when The Bachelorette season 12 officially premieres, with Ben Higgins' runner-upJoJo Fletcher handing out the roses after he proposed to Lauren Bushnell in Monday's finale. A fan-favorite throughout the season, Bachelor Nation was extremely excited when host Chris Harrison announced JoJo would be the next Bachelorette during the After the Final Rose ceremony, but she's still a bit of a mystery.
To help you get to know JoJo better, here are some fun facts to know about the 25-year-old real estate developer from Dallas...
1. She's half-Persian and her heritage is very important to her. "My mom is Persian, and my Dad was born and raised in Tennessee. I'm proud of my mother's background despite what social opinions are," she wrote in her Q&A for The Bachelor. "It's important for me to stand up to people stereotyping Iranians."
2. While there were some speculation that JoJo and Nick Viall (the runner-up from the last TWO seasons of The Bachelorette, with Andi Dorfman and Kaitlyn Bristowe) have been in contact and possibly hooking up, a source debunked that rumor. While they met once, there's "no truth" to the hookup rumors. "My search for love continues, but no longer includes group dates. Jojo's 25 new boy friends can rest easy #TheBachelor #TheBachelorette," Nick even joked on Twitter.
3. She's extremely close with fellow contestant Becca Tilley, who also appeared on Chris Soules' season of The Bachelor. "If you break her heart, i will personally hunt you down and break your face," Becca even warned prospective suitors on Instagram.
4. We can also thank Becca for a JoJo fun fact: "When she gets too hot, she panics... So make sure you keep it at a cool 62," she advised the 25 future Bachelorette contestants.
5. She's a Taylor Swift fan, and said if she could switch places with anyone for day it would be the superstar "because she's awesome and I've already thought singing country music professionally would be so much fun. Plus, she has cool friends."
6. Thought one of her over-protective brothers, Ben Patton, looked familiar? Well, he has a reality TV past as he appeared as one of the bachelors on NBC's Ready For Love, which was produced by Eva Longoria. (It looks like they all stayed friends.) JoJo even made an appearance on the show, too!
7. She's a dog person and is obsessed with Jackson, her adorable pet.
8. Her favorite movies are Wedding Crashers, Clueless and Patch Adams.
9. In case you forgot, she was the girl that showed up on the first night with a Unicorn mask on.
10. Juan Pablo Galavis, arguably the most polarizing Bachelor ever, is super into JoJo, even tweeting about her. "I have READ so MANY good things about JoJo in the past WEEKS that if she is the NEXT bachelorette, I MIGHT have to sign up AGAIN…" he tweeted. "I am #TeamJoJo and I have only SEEN her in like 20 pictures on my TWITTER... #SheCute."
11. She's super close with her family, including her pair of bros, and her parents, whom she celebrated with after the announcement on Monday night, with producer Robert Mills posting a photo of JoJo drinking with her mom and dad, captioning the cute pic, "Of course JoJo and her family celebrated tonight!!!"
The Bachelorette premieres Monday, May 23 on ABC.