The Oscars are here and ready to rock!
After months of campaigning, more than a few parties and even some controversy, the Academy is ready to recognize the best of the very best from the big screen.
Held inside the Dolby Theatre at the Hollywood & Highland Center, the 88th Annual Academy Awards will bring Leonardo DiCaprio, Sylvester Stallone, Brie Larson, Alicia Vikander, Cate Blanchett and other A-list stars together.
So what can we expect on this star-studded evening? Whether you're a movie fanatic or just a pop culture fan, we narrowed down the possible highlights from tonight's telecast.
Without further ado, let's celebrate Oscar Sunday!
1. Rock the Boat: For weeks, fans have been speculating as to what Chris Rock will say and do when he host's tonight show. The guessing games only continued when he posted a tweet Friday with the words, "See you Sunday…#BlackOut #Oscars." Will the #OscarsSoWhite controversy be addressed? Watch what happens!
2. Thanks Academy: This year's producers are trying to make acceptance speeches a little more engaging. So what's their plan? Nominees were asked to submit a list of the people they'd like to thank. Those names will then run across the bottom of the screen while the winners fill this 45-second maximum time requirement.
3. Leo's Time: From the SAG Awards to the BAFTAs, Leonardo has been able to pick up the Best Actor trophy all season long thanks to his role as frontiersman Hugh Glass in The Revenant. After six Oscar nominations over his career, this has to be his year, right? Before you place your bets, though, don't forget that he's up against Bryan Cranston, Matt Damon, Michael Fassbender and Eddie Redmayne.
4. Boycott: Because of the #OscarsSoWhite controversy, some stars have made it clear that they will not be attending the show. Jada Pinkett Smith, Will Smith and Spike Lee are opting to pass on the event. Meanwhile, Selma director Ava DuVernay and Creed director Ryan Coogler are opting to attend a special event in Michigan titled #JusticeForFlint.
5. Red Carpet Magic: Ryan Seacrest is back on the carpet with a front-row seat to all the gowns, tuxedos and fashion for tonight's show. During Live From the Red Carpet, the pro will be chatting with all the big stars. Giuliana Rancic, Kris Jenner, Zanna Roberts Rassi and Ashley Graham will also be close by to dissect all the hot looks.
6. The Weeknd's Big Weekend: Three of the five nominees for Best Original Song have been given the opportunity to perform their songs live at the Dolby Theatre. Audiences can look forward to Sam Smith's "Writings on the Wall," The Weeknd's "Earned It" and Lady Gaga's "Till it Happens to You." In an added twist, The Foo Fighters' Dave Grohl will also be on-hand for a "special performance."
7. A-list Alert: If you're favorite Hollywood star isn't nominated, that doesn't mean you won't see them at the Oscars. The Academy has announced that familiar faces including Reese Witherspoon, Kerry Washington, Sofia Vergara, John Legend and Jennifer Garner are just some of the stars expected to present awards tonight.
Watch E!'s live 2016 Oscars red carpet coverage starting at 1:30p.m. ET/10:30a.m. PT on Sunday, February 28th