Kevin Winter/Getty Images
While you couldn't miss the bizarrely behaved Johnny Depp on stage last night during the first televised Hollywood Film Awards, there was a lot going on that the cameras weren't rolling on inside the Palladium.
Here, we give you five things you didn't see on TV:
1. Early Bird: Kristen Stewart was one of the first to take her seat inside the theater. At one point she was all by her lonesome at her table before being joined by Wash Westmoreland, the co-writer and co-director of Stewart's new Oscar-buzzy indie Still Alice.
2. Now You See Me, Now You Don't: Most of the big stars didn't take their seats in the audience during the ceremony. Angelina Jolie, Robert Pattinson, Reese Witherspoon, Jennifer Lopez, Robert Downey Jr. and yes, Mr. Depp simply came to the show, walked on stage, said their spiel and went home.
3. Stay With Me: Those who did sit through most of the ceremony included Benedict Cumberbatch, Keira Knightley, Eddie Redmayne, Channing Tatum, Jenna Dewan, Jack O'Connell, Steve Carell, Chris Rock, Felicity Jones, Shailene Woodley, Steven Tyler, Michael Keaton, Mike Myers, Wild director Jean-Marc Vallée and power execs like Harvey Weinstein and Les Moonves. And if, for some reason, you didn't think the winners already knew they were taking home an HFA, during one commercial break, an announcer from the PA system pleaded with Chris Pratt and his Guardians of the Galaxy director James Gunn to take their seats because "your award is next."
4. Hunger Games: It may have looked like dinner was being served, but the options on the tables included snacks like popcorn, nuts, macarons and an assortment of other sweets as well as bottles of champagne and whiskey.
5. Party On: The Hollywood Reporter's official after party, hosted by the magazine's Janice Min at the nearby W Hollywood Loft, attracted Keaton, Gayle King, Myers (who got on the drums at one point to play with the band), Quincy Jones, Janelle Monáe, Gone Girl's Emily Ratajkowski and HFAs host Queen Latifah.