We've all wished at some point to live a life like SpongeBob's: To spend our days in Bikini Bottom. To pass the time by making Squidward as miserable as possible. To be best friends with a starfish and a squirrel from Texas. To sample the heaven that must be a Krabby Patty.
Well, friends, your wildest dreams may be coming true. A burger company named Salta Burgers is building a real-life Krusty Krab that doesn't require a trip to the bottom of the ocean. The new Krusty Krab will be located in the West Bank city of Ramallah.
According to the Facebook page, the restaurant will focus on serving seafood, which seems somewhat insensitive to SpongeBob and his sea-dwelling friends. They also will serve a Krabby Patty on the menu, which left us with a lot of questions:
1. How did you get the Krabby Patty secret formula? Did you team up with Plankton, you backstabbing barnacle?
2. Will they be opening up a Chum Bucket nearby? Please say no.
3. What kind of potential intellectual property infringements are we talkin' here?
4. How will you protect your establishment from the Hash-Slinging Slasher?
5. Who will take the role of Mr. Krabs and will he/she dress up as him? If the answer is no, we will not be visiting.
6. Will they allow pet snails inside?
7. Will they serve Krusty Crab pizza? After all, Krusty Krab Pizza is the pizza for you and me!
Based on the photos that Salta Burgers have posted to their Facebook, the new restaurant will be an incredibly faithful rendering of the cartoon version. The structure itself is extremely accurate, save for a couple of flags moving around. The interior looks like it will be filled with barrel-shaped chairs, bullseye steering wheel tables, boats for employees to stand in while taking orders and a statue of Mr. Krabs.
Although this might seem like a one-in-a-million opportunity, Salta Burger is not the first company to open a Krusty Krab. A Costa Rican restaurant once opened with the same name, but it has since closed, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Even though none of our questions currently have answers, Krusty Krab posted on Facebook that today was the restaurant's soft opening. Hopefully, we'll soon find out the secret recipe and maybe the burger chain will expand to the United States.