Jack Reynor is on the verge of transforming into something big.
The 22-year-old actor costars alongside Mark Wahlberg and fellow newcomer Nicola Peltz in Transformers: Age of Extinction, director Michael Bay's latest flick in his megahit action franchise (in theaters tomorrow, June 27).
Here, we give you five things you must know about Reynor.
1. Homeland: He may have been born in Colorado, but Reynor has a thick Irish accent. He and his human rights lawyer mom Tara O'Grady moved back to her native Ireland when he was just two years old.
2. Hollywood or Bust: After he did some acting in Ireland, Reynor decided to move to Hollywood in 2012 after getting good reviews at the Toronto Film Festival for his work in the indie What Richard Did. He only had $40 to his name at the time, but three months later he was cast in Transformers.
3. The New Funky Bunch: He could be back for another Transformers movie. "I don't know if it's for us to say at the moment," Reynor says about his obligation to do more. "But certainly if Michael is happy to make another and Mark is, Nicola and I will be there and fully in support of that."
4. Irish Strong: He's friends with Michael Fassbender! Reynor takes a first-time crack at Shakespeare in the upcoming big screen adaptation of Macbeth with the 12 Years a Slave star in the title role. "He's a real mentor to me," Reynor says. "I love the way he goes about his own career. He makes very intelligent choices for himself. And he's a lovely guy, too. We just get on so well."
5. Wedding Bells: He's getting married. Reynor and his model-girlfriend of two years Madeline Mulqueen got engaged in March. He jokes that he's "trying [his] best" to stay out of the planning. "We're having a lot of conversations of when we're going to do it and where we're going to do it," Reynor said. "But it's something I'm keeping between me and her to the best of my ability."