Relationship getting a little cold? Looking for a fun way to spice things up again? Cooking with your lover may just be the answer you're looking for!
Chef Fed teaches us how to instantly get the heat back in a relationship with three signature aphrodisiac recipes. Certain foods have been known to put people in the mood (if you get what we're saying) and being able to cook with those foods not only provides a great date night idea but also sets the mood for what you do (ahem) for dessert. Chef Fed is here to help with his "Sex on the Table: Horny Haute Cuisine" dishes.
There is a whole list of aphrodisiac foods that you can have some fun with in the kitchen, but in order to set your menu, these are some meals you can make tonight!
Chicken with Chocolate Butter, Gingered Mangoes and Hot Quinoa
1. 2 cups of Quinoa cooked in salt water, 4 small chicken breasts, sauté in coconut oil flavored with a thyme twig and a garlic clove, keep skin on until blackened, preheat oven to 375 F.
2. 250 ml port wine, reduce on medium heat to 1/2 cup, roast chicken in oven.
3. 1 unripe Mango diced, marinate with 1/4 bunch Cilantro chopped, 1/2 Tbsp Ginger.
4. Let chicken sit in tin foil in warm spot for a couple of minutes.
5. Add 1/2 cup of strong chicken broth to port wine, stir in 2 Tbsp of cold butter, finish with 1/2 Tbsp ground chocolate.
6. Sauté 1/2 Onion diced, 1 clove of Garlic chopped and a hint of chili flakes in Olive Oil, add 1 cup of water, add Quinoa, stir well, season with salt.
7. Serve chicken on Quinoa, add Mangoes, top with chocolate butter and garnish with Pomegranate seeds.
Garlic Marinated Grapefruit on Roasted Fennel Salad
1 Grapefruit, sliced to filets 2 Oranges, sliced to filet.
1. Marinate Grapefruit and Orange filets with 2 cloves crushed Garlic and 1/2 tsp fresh Coriander seeds, crushed. Let sit for 30 minutes.
2. Shave 1 fennel, sauté on very high heat in ghee, season with salt, add a splash of Pernod, flambé. Make sure you only flambé the fennel in an open space and never do this below your kitchen vent.
3. Chop 1/4 bunch Parsley, heat 3/4 cups extra virgin Olive Oil until hand-warm. Blend the parsley and the oil, add a hint of salt.
4. Serve the citrus filets over fennel, drizzle with Parsley oil.
Peppered Strawberries with Balsamic Reduction and Sage Cream
1. 1 cup of balsamic vinegar, reduced on medium heat until syrupy and sweet in taste, keep warm.
2. 16 mid-sized Strawberries cut in quarters, seasoned with crushed rainbow pepper.
3. 1 cup of cream whipped, 10 leaves of sage chopped.
4. Stir sage in whipped cream, serve on top of strawberries, garnish with balsamic reduction and a splash of agave nectar. Optional: you may add chocolate flakes to this dessert.
Have you tried the trend? Show us on Instagram at #Fabulist!
Get more information on Chef Fed and where YOU can cook with him on his site!