Happy Birthday, Sarah Jessica Parker!
The former Sex and the City star, who has been gracing both big and small screen for decades, is celebrating her 49th birthday today and we can hardly believe it was 16 years ago when the actress first graced the boob tube in her signature Manolo Blahniks as Carrie Bradshaw.
Ever since she began started strutting her stuff on the streets of NYC (and sipping cosmos at night with her closest gal-pals), Parker has become a bona fide fashion icon who has also taught us a number of life lessons when it comes to all things friendship and fellas.
So what better way to celebrate Matthew Broderick's missus than to take a look back at her best style moments? Here are Carrie Bradshaw's Sarah Jessica Parker's 7 best looks from both the red carpet and the boob tube:
1. Sexy In the City: How could we forget Carrie Bradshaw's stunning white flower dress? Parker sported the number in the Sex and the City movie, during which she struts down the sidewalk in the fitted white frock with an oversize embellishment as a nod to her style of seasons past. She paired the show-stopping look with cutout Dior pumps which simply scream "dressed to kill" and completed the look with a yellow clutch. No doubt, girl commands the attention of every man in town.
2. Golden Globes Goddess: The actress flaunted her toned arms and killer frame in a strapless lace Chanel dress at the 61st annual Golden Globe Awards. On her feet? A pair of bright teal pumps as she clutched her golden statuette.
3. Birds of a Feather: Remember Bradshaw's stunning Vivienne Westwood gown from her I-do's to Mr. Big? While the wedding may not have gone as planned, the starlet looked gorgeous on her big day and even wore a bird in her over-the-top veil, making for one of her more memorable fashion statements.
4. Met Gala Madness: The 49-year-old beauty gave punk rock a glamorous twist when she arrived at the Costume Institute Gala for the "PUNK: Chaos to Couture" exhibition at The Metropolitan Museum of Art in a Giles gown with yet another stunning hairpiece. Her colorful couture dress was completed with edgy silver jewelry as well as dark smokey eye makeup.
5. Crop Top Cool: Long before Rihanna or Miley Cyrus were donning the popular belly baring style, Carrie Bradshaw made showing off her tummy a top trend, as she proudly flashed her toned and trim abs on the hit HBO show.
6. Oscars Glam: Of course SJP knows how to turn heads on the red carpet and she certainly pulled out all the stops on Oscar night in 2009. Wearing a silver Dior Haute Couture gown at the 81st Annual Academy Awards, the petite beauty stole the fashion spotlight and looked every bit like the belle of the ball when she waltzed into the theater.
7. The Naked Dress: While it may not be her best look ever, it certainly one of her most memorable, as it's the dress which landed Bradshaw in bed with bad boy Mr. Big. During their first date, Carrie donned the sexy and slinky nude number and then...proceeds to sleep with Mr. Big on his bedroom floor. Oops!