Ready to love George Clooney even more than you already do? Good, because it's about to happen.
The Monuments Men star hit up Reddit today for one of their AMA (Ask Me Anything) web chats. And true to style, George did not hold back. He opened up about a hobby not many people know about, his friendship with Leonardo DiCaprio and how Brad Pitt begged him not to harm his children. No, seriously.
Oh, and if this is your first time reading about a Reddit AMA, know that the questions and answers get out of control. And it's awesome. But remember hardly any of these answers are serious so don't start yelling about how he jokingly calls Sandra Bullock an alcoholic. (Even though he kind of does).
Check out the best fun facts we learned about George Clooney today:
1. George Clooney is either joking or he truly loves to cobble shoes in his free time. He followed up that statement by insisting that he is definitely a better cobbler than Daniel Day-Lewis. "When Daniel Day-Lewis was spending all his time playing Lincoln, I was just fixing shoes. He's spending all the time focused on the hat, and the pipe, and getting into character, and I remained focused—with the overalls and the hammer."
2. He kicked Leo's ass in basketball. "That was a fun day. It's always fun when you play people younger than you and win. We're playing a bunch of six year olds tomorrow."
3. He doesn't have lonely eyes, OK? "I actually have only one lonely eye. The other eye's got nothin' but friends."
4. The best prank ever pulled on him involves Brad Pitt. "It was Brad, we were shooting Oceans 12 in my hometown in Lake Como and he had a flier sent around saying George only wants to be called by his character's name Danny Ocean, don't look him in the eyes, and it got into the local paper. As you know, jokes don't translate at all, and they called me il divo, and said that I was treating the crew like shit. When it got into the paper I came downstairs and Brad had the paper in his hand, and I said "You're mine from here on out." Brad just said, "Please don't harm my children." Yeah, he's done some pretty rotten things."
5. This is what happened when his roommate found out he pooped in the litter box. "It took him a long time to figure it out. At first he figured out that I'd done it and then he found I spent the whole week planning it out. And if you know Richard Kind's work from Spin City or other things he's a big, loud guy. Once he fully realized what was going on, he just yelled, "I understand humor, defecation doesn't make me laugh." Which I suppose should go on someone's tombstone."
6. He doesn't regret making Batman & Robin. "It's a funny thing, you've got to remember that when you're doing a movie, a lot of times you're spending 4 or 5 months on set and sometimes you're making really good friends and sometimes not. Some of the best films have been the least fun experiences and some of the worst, I've made lifelong friends out of it. It's the kind of thing where the memory of the film is very different than how it was reviewed, because it's months out of your life and you end up making close friends or having great experience on films that don't necessarily work. And that's a tricky thing to come to terms with."
7. But he did not appreciate those bat nipples. "Well I wasn't thrilled with the nipples on the batsuit. You know that's not something you really think about when you're putting it on. You figure all batsuits have nipples and then you realize yours was really the first. Batman was just constantly cold I guess. But I have plenty of other things that I'm really obviously embarrassed about too. Oftentimes it'll be stumbling out of a bar drunk or something dumb like that but as you get older a major goal in life is try to do less and less embarrassing things. You know, try not to face plant publicly as often as possible."
8. He answered these questions while attached to wires as part of his Tomorrowland filming. "I'm on set and literally have a harness on right now. I was late, because right before I was hanging from about 30 feet over four different blue screens. So as we're talking now there are all these wires and contraptions hanging off of me. It's really, really, really good and Brad's a wonderful director, and a wonderful guy with a wild imagination. And if I don't screw it up it'll be a terrific film. Everybody's really good in it. Anyway, you always have to be careful what you say about these films so I don't want to sort of ruin it by telling you that everyone dies in the end. Oops, I've said too much."
Michael Loccisano/Getty Images
9. Sandy has a drinking problem. "It's tricky cause Sandy drinks so much that oftentimes it's just hard to keep her upright. No, you know, Sandy and I have known each other for over 20 years and we both were struggling actors when we first met. She was dating a friend of mine at the time who's still a good friend of ours. Every time we're together it's funny. She's somebody I adore, really, she's just fun to be in a room with. I'm sure people will assume people aren't quite who they appear to be on screen--they're shorter or taller or meaner or dumber--but Sandy is exactly what she appears on screen, an incredibly charming woman who's really just fun to hang out with. Very smart and centered, even though she does drink a lot."
10. Be specific when saying "KY PRIDE!" because he'll respond like this. "Well, I hope you mean KY the state, and not KY jelly. Because, you know, I don't know how proud you should be about that. But we do have a very good basketball team this year, we're about 14th in the nation and I think the University of Kentucky will do very well in this year's March Madness."
To read more about George's thoughts on Justin Bieber, which movie props he's stolen and his stance on some important world issues, head on over to his Reddit AMA page.