Driving? She don't got time for that!
Hillary Clinton recently spoke at the New Orleans meeting of the National Automobile Dealers Association, where she revealed that it's been a long time since she actually got behind the wheel.
"I have to confess that one of the regrets I have about my public life is that I can't drive anymore. My husband thinks that's a blessing, but he's the one who should talk!" she joked. "The last time I actually drove a car myself was 1996 and I remember it very well and unfortunately so does the Secret Service, which is why I haven't driven since then."
Damn, Hil! That's 18 years ago! (Right? Someone do the math for us.) To put this in persepective, the last time Hillary Clinton drove a car…
• The New York Yankees beat the Atlanta Braves to win the World Series.
• Braveheart took home the Academy Award for Best Picture.
• Céline Dion's "Because You Loved Me" was No. 1 on the Billboard charts.
• The summer Olympics were right here in the United States. Atlanta, Ga. to be exact.
• Denzel Washington was named People's Sexiest Man Alive. Yum. Still true.
• Frasier and ER got top honors at the Emmy Awards.
• The Macarena was the cool dance.
• The Chicago Bulls were the only basketball team that mattered.
• Will Smith was fighting aliens in Independence Day and everyone loved the crap out of it.
• The O.J. Simpson civil trial was taking place.
• Whoopi Goldberg was hosting the Oscars.
• Rent was winning the Tony Award for Best Musical.
• Lorde was being born! (Nov. 7)
• Oprah founded her book club.
...and finally, Sinbad and Jeff Foxworthy hosted the American Music Awards, because of course they did.
In short: it's been awhile since Hillary was behind the wheel. 1996 was a simpler time then, y'all.