Katniss Everdeen is no Bella Swan.
Meaning? Jennifer Lawrence's Catching Fire character is leading a revolution—not pining over a sparkly vamp!
So in honor of The Hunger Games: Catching Fire opening nationwide this Friday, Nov. 22, here are 6 fun facts to know about everyone's favorite District 12 darling.
1. She's No Material Girl: Back in District 12 food was always scarce—and Katniss was the one hunting for it! The Hunger Games were called that for good reason. But in the Victors' Village, she has a nice home, money and plenty of food—and it bores her.
2. She Has to Fake It Till She Makes It: A relationship with Peeta Mellark (Josh Hutcherson), that is! In order to survive the 74th Hunger Games, she and Peeta outsmarted the Capitol with a showmance. But President Snow (Donald Sutherland) saw through it and vows to make Katniss suffer if she's unable to convince all of the districts she and Peeta are truly in love. Because…
3. She Unwittingly Started a Rebellion: By forcing the Capitol to alter the savage rules of the games, Katniss inspired the districts, edging them closer towards an uprising. For survival's sake, she goes along with the story, busting out all the lovey-dovey mush towards Peeta for the public to see. But President Snow isn't quite convinced.
4. Not Spoiling Anything, But She Is Brave: Katniss is very, very, very brave. Read the books, watch the movies, and the next time you're nervous or unsure, just ask yourself what The Girl on Fire would do. (And may the odds be ever in your favor.)
5. She's Brought Archery Back to Life: This heroine's favorite choice of weapon is her bow and arrow. Per Team USA's website, USA Archery stats show there's been a 105 percent increase in athletes registered to play the sport since 2011. In real life, Jennifer prepped for the role with five-time Olympic archer Khatuna Lorig.
6. Jennifer Lawrence Was Meant to Bring Her to Life: Suzanne Collins, the author of the Hunger Games triology, told Entertainment Weekly that the Oscar winner had "every essential quality necessary to play Katniss." She "never thought we'd find somebody this amazing for the role," and praised Jennifer for being "powerful, vulnerable, beautiful, unforgiving and brave."