All the Christian Grey casting drama has finally resulted in some delays for the Fifty Shades of Grey movie.
The filming start date for the film adaptation of E.L. James' sexy novel has been pushed back by almost a month, The Hollywood Reporter reports. Production on the film was supposed to begin in early November but will now start on Dec. 2.
The film is supposed to hit theaters on Aug. 1, 2014. No word on if the production delay will affect the release date.
The delay comes after Sons of Anarchy star Charlie Hunnam dropped out of the lead role earlier this month. The movie studio announced last week that hunky actor Jamie Dornan had replaced Hunnam as Christian Grey for the Fifty Shades flick.
Just over a week ago, Fifty Shades producer Michael De Luca told E! News that all was fine and their filming schedule had not been affected by the casting shakeup. "No we're on track," De Luca said when asked about any delays. "The release date is preserved and we're gonna kind of keep going."
As for the film's Anastasia Steele Dakota Johnson, De Luca told E! News, "She's our rock. She's just so Anastasia Steele. She's the best partner a producer could have."
De Luca added that Johnson was helping producers "look through the candidates to see which chemistry" worked best.