Showtime, FOX, AMC, The CW
Showtime, FOX, AMC, The CW
Nerd herd, assemble!
San Diego Comic Con 2013, aka one of the geekiest and coolest entertainment events of the year, kicks off this Wednesday, with the cast and creators of cult favorite shows and highly-anticipated new series hosting panels to dish out scoop and answer fans' burning questions. But unfortunately, unlike Pokemon, you will not be able to catch 'em all...unless you happen to be a clone, then color us jealous! So which TV panels should you be camping out in line to see? Don't worry, we've got you covered as we've compiled a list of ten can't-miss panels. (And yes, we're aware some overlap, but if you can't make it into one, try and get to the other one! You try choosing between The Walking Dead and Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.!)
1. The X-Files 20th Anniversary: Yeah, we're pretty sure people are already lining up at the San Diego convention center for this panel, which will feature Mulder and Scully themselves, David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson. Are you squealing yet? Also set to attend: Chris Carter, Vince Gilligan and Howard Gordon, among others. Thursday at 3:30 p.m. in Ballroom 20.
2. Teen Wolf: Trust us when we say you will not want to miss this panel, which will be filled to the brim with exclusive new footage of the rest of season three and breaking news. Plus, Tyler Posey, Dylan O'Brien, Tyler Hoechlin, EP Jeff Davis and more will be on the panel. Thursday at 6 p.m. in Ballroom 20.
3. Dexter: Showtime's serial killer thriller takes the SDCC stage for the final time to tease the series' end, so fans of Dexter will not want to miss this opportunity to say goodbye. Stars Michael C. Hall, Jennifer Carpenter and more will sit on the panel. Thursday at 6:30 p.m. in Hall H.
4. Veronica Mars: A long time ago, we used to be friends! The Neptune gang, including creator Rob Thomas and stars Kristen Bell, Jason Dohring, Enrico Colantoni, Ryan Hansen, Chris Lowell and more, will hit the Con for the first time to show off exclusive footage from the highly-anticipated film reboot. It shall be Marshmallow madness! Friday at 11:15 a.m. in Hall H. And bonus panel alert! Our very own Kristin Dos Santos will be moderating a special fan event on Friday night, which will be attended by all of the panelists and give you even more exclusive footage and some surprises. It will be held at Horton Plaza—Regal Cinema.
5. The Walking Dead: Stars Andrew Lincoln, Norman Reedus, Steven Yeun, Lauren Cohan, Danai Gurira, David Morrissey, Scott Wilson and Chad Coleman will join the AMC smash hit's creative team to discuss what's ahead in season four. Friday at 1:35 p.m. in Hall H.
6. Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: When a series that hasn't even debuted yet is already hosting panels in Ballroom 20, you know it's going to be a big effin' deal. SDCC King Joss Whedon and Marvel's head of television Jeph Loeb will be joined by surprise guests to dish on the highly-anticipated new ABC series. Friday at 1:45 p.m. in Ballroom 20.
7. Orphan Black: BBC America's hit series cast, including the much-buzzed-about Tatiana Maslany, will discuss season one of the clone thriller. Clone Club's first meeting would be a shame to miss, no? Friday at 7 p.m. in Room 7AB.
8. How I Met Your Mother: The hit sitcom will hit the Con for the first and last time to promote the final season. Josh Radnor, Neil Patrick Harris, Jason Segel, Cobie Smulders, Alyson Hannigan and creators Carter Bays and Craig Thomas are set to attend the panel, where a special video will be played for fans. Saturday at 12 p.m. in Indigo Ballroom Hilton San Diego Bayfront.
9. Supernatural: Always one of SDCC's funniest and most entertaining panels, the CW cult series' beloved stars Jensen Ackles, Jared Padalecki, Misha Collins and Mark A. Sheppard will be joined by EP Jeremy Carver to answer fans' questions and treat SPN diehards to an exclusive video presentation. Sunday 10 a.m. in Hall H.
10. Breaking Bad: Vince Gilligan, Bryan Cranston, Aaron Paul, Anna Gunn, Dean Norris, Betsey Brandy, R.J. Mitte and Bob Odenkirk will discuss the AMC hit's final season and offer a sneak peek at the beginning of the end. Sunday at 11:15 a.m. in Hall H.
Who's headed to Comic-Con this year? We are, so make sure you stick close to us for all the TV scoop and interviews coming out of San Diego.