WHAT WE LEARNED, OR...18 AWESOME THINGS THAT HAPPENED IN THIS EPISODE
1. Kayid! Kate and Sayid have been awesome together ever since the pilot, and it's still a pleasure to watch their silent camaraderie, especially against the Rambo guys.
2. SuperWaaaaalt! Malcolm David Kelley got so tall!
3. Keamy died, and it's about frelling time. So long, sucker! Don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out.
4. JuJu. Seriously, that woman's smile to Daniel? It was like an angelic benediction. Elizabeth Mitchell is amazing, and I love Juliet for keeping her promise to get everyone off the Island before going herself.
5. Charlotte was born on the Island! Island natives are always fascinating: See, for example, Ms. Alexandra Rousseau (Alex is her slave name, yo) and Turniphead. Best of all, I think this means more Rebecca Mader. Holler!
6. Charlotte and Daniel kissed sweetly.
7. Sawyer and Kate kissed spectacularly!
8. Sydney Carton jumped out of a helicopter to save his friends. "It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to than I have ever known."
9. Jack didn't let Kate get left behind.
10. Yunjin Kim. Sun's screams when the freighter exploded Jin in front of her were perfect and right and wrong all together.
11. The helicopter crash. Nicely done, CGI monkeys, nicely done.
12. Jack leaned back in the rubber boat and sighed with relief, "It's OK...It's OK...we're alive." Kate and Sun, despite being alive themselves, had brilliant expressions that read something like, "Speak for yourself, dumbass!" Can't wait for those two grieving widows to discover their lovers (and friends) are alive (uh, right?!) and need a ride back home from purgatory. They are going to be fierce, and not the annoying Christian Siriano kind of fierce either—more like the Amazon warrior princess kind of fierce.
13. Did that guy just say "Ms. Widmore"?! OMG! Penny is here to rescue us all! OMG, OMG, OMG! ("Now we are so happy we do the dance of joy!") OMG!
14. Desmond and Penny kissed spectacularly! Now that, my friends, is a TiVo moment of Lost.
15. Penny immediately adopted the Losties as her own. We love you, Pen.
16. There was an Octagon Global Recruiting commercial! You sly bastards...
17. Frank Lapidus (Jeff Fahey). Full stop. Unlike Jack, I do hope we see him again, because he was one of the leading awesome things in this awesome episode.
18. Jeremy Bentham was Locke was in the coffin!!!