Monsters University is still scaring away its box office competition.
Pixar's animated flick rocked the box office again this weekend, raking in $46.2 million for its second straight week at No. 1.
Although The Heat, which stars Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy, couldn't stop Monsters University's reign, the comedy flick still pulled in an impressive $40 million for the second spot—about $10 million more than analysts expected it to do, according to USA Today.
The Heat marks the latest in a string of hits for McCarthy, with Bridesmaids grossing $169 million in 2011 and Identity Thief grossing $135 million earlier this year.
Meanwhile, World War Z came in third with $29.8 million, followed by White House Down, which debuted at a lower than expected $25.7 million for fourth, and Man of Steel which landed at fifth with $20.8 million.
Here's a complete look at the weekend's top movies, per Friday-Sunday studio estimates and stats as compiled per Box Office Mojo:
1. Monsters University, $46.2 million
2. The Heat, $40 million
3. World War Z, $29.8 million
4. White House Down, $25.7 million
5. Man of Steel, $20.8 million
6. This is the End, $8.7 million
7. Now You See Me, $5.5 million
8. Fast & Furious 6, $2.4 million
9. Star Trek Into Darkness, $2 million
10 The Internship, $1.4 million