Edward Snowden is trying to avoid the spotlight right now.
The 30-year-old former CIA contractor leaked information about top-secret NSA surveillance programs to the public. Charged with espionage by the U.S. government, Snowden became a wanted man overnight.
As of Tuesday afternoon, he was believed to be stalled inside Moscow's Sheremetyevo Airport, where he reportedly flew in from Hong Kong. Snowden is expected to attempt to fly to Cuba or possibly Ecuador in order to seek asylum, assuming he's not arrested or turned over to U.S. authorities before he can get there.
Snowden's fate remains uncertain, but one thing's for sure: His actions and escape plan have all the makings of a Hollywood movie. So when his story inevitably makes its way to the big screen, who should portray him? Take a look at our top five picks.
1. Robert Pattinson: The fair skin, light eyes and facial scruffle sure match up. Pattinson's no stranger to playing broody roles (hello, Edward Sullen Cullen!). Snowden and the Twilight hunk, 27, even appear to have similar builds. Just get the boy a pair of glasses, and voila! R.Pattz becomes a different kind of wanted man!
2. Hayden Christensen: A guy who's played Anakin Skywalker knows a thing or two about crossing over to the dark side. Plus, the 32-year-old actor is, per Variety, signed on to star in Inner Circle, an upcoming spy thriller. That should certainly cut down his research time to play Snowden!
3. Daniel Radcliffe: He's so not just Harry Potter anymore. Nope, this 23-year-old Muggle man has proved his versatility as an actor—from screen to stage—and could add a depth and vulnerability to the role.
4. Eddie Redmayne: The Les Misérables hunk, 31, is familiar with the biopic genre. Per Deadline, he's in the running to play physicist Stephen Hawking in Theory of Everything. He also played the son of a CIA Agent (Matt Damon) in the 2006 film The Good Shepherd. Not to mention, those blue eyes just look like they've seen things.
5. Andrew Garfield: From Spider-Man to The Social Network, this 29-year-old Brit can do it all. Sure, he'd need to pop in some blue contact lenses and throw on some specs to look like Snowden, but Garfield's got the man-of-mystery act down pat.
Who would you like to see play Edward Snowden on the big screen? Weigh in below in the comments.