Jennifer Lopez is finally sounding off on all those American Idol rumors.
On the red carpet at Thursday night's 2013 amfAR gala in New York City, the singer-actress dished to E! News exclusively that despite all the chatter of her returning next season to the judge's table on the suddenly ratings-challenged singing competition, chances are slim due to her various work commitments.
"It's not looking that great because my year is getting booked up," Lopez told us.
A source previously told E! News that the diva's encore on the panel is "not happening," especially after Swedish Idol honcho Per Blankens was tapped to replace recently fired producers Nigel Lythgoe and Ken Warwick.
Speaking of her schedule, Lopez also opened to up E! News about her big-screen plans, revealing she'll next star in a "small independent movie," though she was mum on the details.
"It's a great role, and that's all I care about," she added.
Meanwhile, J.Lo is set to be honored with her very own star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in a ceremony next Thursday. The occasion will mark the 2,500th star given out. Congrats, Jen!
—Reporting By Alicia Quarles
For more of our J.Lo interview, watch E! News tonight at 7 p.m. and 11:30 p.m.