If you ask Martha Stewart, this was not a good thing.
The domestic diva revealed some startling news recently: she came down with a bad case of salmonella poisoning from putting her hands on too many Thanksgiving turkeys.
The 71-year-old Stewart told The New York Post that she acquired the food-borne illness around Turkey Day last month, which left her bedridden and prompted her to scrap a number of public appearances and business meetings.
"I never get sick, but I came down with salmonella," the homemaking maven told the paper. "I think I caught it because I was handling so many turkeys around Thanksgiving. I was on the Today show, I did a number of other [holiday] appearances. It really hit me hard and I was in bed for days. It was terrible."
Stewart opened up about the illness while perusing the Lehmann Maupin gallery at Miami Beach's Art Basel exhibition. But luckily, the tube star said she's since kicked the bacteria from her system and made a full recovery.
And always one to look on the bright side, Stewart added: "I lost some weight, though."
Glad to hear it, Martha!