Sure, there was plenty of action during tonight's American Music Awards.
But what happened when the cameras weren't rolling?
Read on for the five things you didn't see on TV...
1. Nicki Minaj is one of the last to arrive. She (and her entourage) slowly made their way to her seat during Usher's opening performance. She and Taylor Swift say hello, and within in minutes they're taking a photo with Cyndi Lauper.
2. It's a commercial break, and unlike any other awards show, fans actually approach the celebs. Carrie Underwood sitting with her hubby, Mike Fisher, happily stands up to sign five autographs before sitting back down. She reapplies her lipgloss.
3. Modern Family star Eric Stonestreet is having a real good time. He waves to the audience while walking off stage after he presents Taylor Swift with the Favorite Country Female Artist award. And now, he's talking to Neon Trees during a commercial break. After No Doubt's performance, he makes he way across the theater to talk with Underwood and her husband.
4. Luke Bryan kisses his award before heading off stage and high-fiving Lady Antebellum. The group has to wait till Nicki Minaj is done with her performance to go back to their seats, but also not before Nicki's choir walks off stage and out of the theater. Oh, there's Eric Stonestreet again following Lady A to their seats. He gives Charles Kelley a hug as Bryan says hello to Mike Fisher.
5. You'd think Justin Bieber would have big, burly bodyguards keeping him safe in the audience. While there are a couple, it's actually two female ushers standing in front of him as others walk by. But three young girls do get through—and Bieber agrees to take a photo with each, proving that he really is all about the fans.