Jason Merritt/Getty Images
Kristen Stewart is known for sporting laid-back loose locks both on and off the red carpet. So when the On the Road beauty ditched her trademark tousled down 'do for an edgy ponytail at a recent screening of her latest film, we took notice.
Though sleek ponytails are all the rage on the red carpet, we love that Stewart went for a rough-around the-edges look topped with a messy bouffant that's true to her signature style.
Frederic Fekkai stylist Adir Abergel, who created Stewart's look, gave us his step-by-step tips for recreating her perfectly imperfect pony:
1. Pump up the volume: To get the same gravity-defying bouffant as Stewart, start by spritzing Fekkai COIFF Bouffant Lifting & Texturizing Spray Gel on your roots and using your hands to rough up your mane to create volume.
2. Part with precision: Create a deep side part to create your bouffant, and make sure to backcomb the roots to build on the volume you started to create during your pony prep work. Keep your budding bouffant in place with Fekkai COIFF Sheer Hold Hairspray ($23), because no one likes a bouffant that budges.
3. Veer off center: Pin the top section of the hair up and use Fekkai COIFF Nonchalant Piecing & Forming Wax to gather your remaining hair into a snug pony that sits off to one side.
4. Blend your bouffant: Use your fingers to blend the top section of your hair into the ponytail, so that the bouffant and pony become one.
5. Add the finishing touches: Brush your pony over your shoulder and seal the entire look with hairspray.
And voila! You're set to hit the road—or any other destination—like the On the Road star.